Help › Forums

football

Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:43 AM (30 replies)
  • overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:25 PM

TheLighterDark:

Am I doing it right?

Sorry couldn't resist saying how wrong you were.  Lay off the soccer: it's cool.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:53 PM

luckysump:

ITS THE WORLD CUP.

If you don,t see me for a while its because of the Football, sorry for all you Amercians, Soccer,

Hope we thrash you in the first game an all. Nowt personal, but lets face it , you aint got a chance of beating us Brits.

Naaa just kidding, good luck to all, except the sodding FRENCH.

King George III said that in 1776. Where is he now?  :) USA USA USA

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:27 PM

Snaike:

Here's a note from us "Amercians"...

Except school-age children, who all get a ribbon or trophy just for participating, 99.9% of us couldn't give less than a purple pile of poisoned rat dung at "soccer".

We just don't care.  It's not a sport to us.  Running around kicking a ball and each other, only to fall screaming like a little school girl when someone gets close, having them race out a stretcher only to see your sorry ass back on the field in 5 minutes??  "Oh my GOD, Mary, I broke a NAIL!" ... and that's from the men's teams.

No thanks.

Heard 2 minutes on the radio this morning... what's with that gawdawful racket?  2 minutes was all I could take before I threw up in my mouth.  Had to wash out my brain with some Roller-Derby.

When you get a real sport perhaps we'll watch.

News to Snaike, there are others in this word apart from the usa we dont give a rats about your game either. your football suits american lifestyle where you are all about as fit as the cheese burgers you eat lol. 2Hrs to play 15min of actual play and need two separate teams on the one side to achieve this,what a joke.Your world series that your country is practically the only side that shows up but hey didnt Japan beat you lmao.

Soccer or football is the world game and i love it i also love rugby league which is played at full pace without padding, gridiron poofs.

GO THE SOCCEROOS  CSC

Roller Derby FFS  FTFY Glad im down under.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:37 PM

chipshotcharlie:
    Soccer or football is the third world game and i love it
    There, FTFY.

Of course you do, CSC... birds of a feather and all.

Have fun watching the nil-nil ties... 

Soccer is not a sport.  It's a pastime for when RuPaul's Drag Races are off the air...

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:20 PM

If its not why is it bigger than anything you guys have including the friggen supper bowl for pad wearing softies.You spoke for americans snaike what about those who play in the world cup for your country i think they would disagree wouldnt you.Its only the most played sport in the world, oh thats right you americans refuse to acknowledge any other country till you guys come up with some *** excuse to start a war the you straight away run to call Australia for help. No wonder your country has become a target for terrorism your countries selfish attitude stinks.  

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:30 AM

Pfft, you say soccer isn't cool and then have the nerve to call a sport that involves use of hands only with the rare kick "foot"ball.  Not only is gridiron not football (you rarely use your feet for anything), it's just a cheap imitation of the rugby codes...

And don't even get me started on Baseball.  Baseball makes Soccer (which will now be referred to as the REAL football) look very exciting.  Also you stole baseball from Cricket.

As for Ice Hockey, you just took a game called Field Hockey, put it on ice, gave people the ability to punch each other and bam, now you say it's your game.  Well that might've been a stroke of genius for once (who doesn't like seeing punch ups?) BUT once again you've stolen the idea from another sport.

Verdict: The USA steal sports ideas and call them their own.  I'm surprised you haven't put the REAL football on ice yet :P.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 5:55 AM

Thats the US  football team in the last match they played

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:37 AM

Now there's two kinds of football, but there's only one real football game. European football will always be known as soccer to Americans. When anyone in the world mentions football, they'll think of American football first.

Rugby and American football are equally entertaining sports, soccer on the other hand is to lengthy in time and can be very boring. The playing field is to long.

A report came out yesterday, and about 10 million American kids are registered in little league soccer. The report went on to say that it's estimated around 24 million kids actually play soccer in some league capacity in America.  : )

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 7:07 AM

haha....u gotta laugh.....this subject dont half stir the emotions!

early goal...1.0 us! (",)

• extragold
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 9:36 PM

nickuk:

haha....u gotta laugh.....this subject dont half stir the emotions!

early goal...1.0 us! (",)

hmmm...1-1 tie with the Brits?.....In a game 95% of this country doesn't give a rats ass about?

That's like a hack Brit team playing to a tie with our Super Bowl champs.....

Who is laughing now?

RSS