Forums

Help › Forums

football

Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:43 AM (30 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:49 AM

ITS THE WORLD CUP.

If you don,t see me for a while its because of the Football, sorry for all you Amercians, Soccer,

Hope we thrash you in the first game an all. Nowt personal, but lets face it , you aint got a chance of beating us Brits.

Naaa just kidding, good luck to all, except the sodding FRENCH.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:40 AM

Am I doing it right?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:09 AM

Here's a note from us "Amercians"...

Except school-age children, who all get a ribbon or trophy just for participating, 99.9% of us couldn't give less than a purple pile of poisoned rat dung at "soccer".

We just don't care.  It's not a sport to us.  Running around kicking a ball and each other, only to fall screaming like a little school girl when someone gets close, having them race out a stretcher only to see your sorry ass back on the field in 5 minutes??  "Oh my GOD, Mary, I broke a NAIL!" ... and that's from the men's teams.

No thanks.

Heard 2 minutes on the radio this morning... what's with that gawdawful racket?  2 minutes was all I could take before I threw up in my mouth.  Had to wash out my brain with some Roller-Derby.

When you get a real sport perhaps we'll watch.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:16 AM

should this not be moved to the community section? And not only because hockey on grass is a boring game.

• extragold
    25 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:54 AM

lol @ Snaike's comment.....

I won't go quite that far in trashing soccer, but I also could give a rats ass who wins that stupid cup.

Sitting 3 hours to watch a 1-0 score? I'd rather watch paint dry.

"Our" football begins next month, when the NFL starts the 2010 season and officially opens up training camps. Can't wait.....

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:05 PM

extragold:

Sitting 3 hours to watch a 1-0 score? I'd rather watch paint dry.

You can actually do that on ESPN 8 The Ocho.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:16 PM

nice dodgeball reset tld, well played. JB

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:27 PM

The only way that this could possibly interesting to the Americans is via the indoor leagues.  Smaller field, more scoring, more actions instead of a 1 - 1 tie after watching hours of kicking the ball back and forth between the middle of the field.  No matter what the US will never accept this version of football because it isn't exciting, it is very slow and there is no scoring.  Even hockey has picked up the pace by rule changes to make the scoring higher.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:40 PM

I actually prefer Hockey... at least they let the MEN throw punches at each other.

Can you just imagine a fight on a soccer pitch? 

Reminds me of a scene in "Blazing Saddles"...

"Not in the face!"

"You brute, you brute, you vicious brute!"

Go go soccer honks...

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:55 PM

IMHO this whole thread sounds like a bunch of little boys arguing about the shape of their balls.

Get a life guys! Talk about golf on a golf forum lol 

RSS