Forums

Help › Forums

April MPI Bracket Challenge

Sat, May 16 2009 7:55 AM (32 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2009 2:06 PM

5/15 Bracket Challenge Update:

- The April Match Play Invitational is over!

- Congratulations to Fuzzygazz, the Bracket Challenge winner with 1050 points!  He'll be taking home a sweet WGT Polo Shirt!

- Congratulations to badaboom, GripRip & Brandi35, all our random drawing winners!  Each will receive a WGT cap!

- Follow the Bracket Challenge Leaderboard HERE!

- Click on a name below to view their picks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pick List:

Abak badaboom BALLSDEEP2 bobmarokk brandi35
    buckeyes4life Claremoreblue codmot dacsyr1 DanManCan
    Fuzzygazz geery gitthe goldenglove golfguy1800
    GripRip Griz0613 HAMMER4 Hightower3 Hotai
    idontno illinifan4ever Jarid marioh MrEd
    NASAgolfer ncviz newzeeland nivlac salamii
    SmoothSwinger stuckey28 TaterNater Thetruth67 TitleistPro
    vabighack Wags66 welshwizard1 ZACHT zant
    zephaniah20

Bracket Key: [ Correct Picks  -  Incorrect Picks ]

If the links do not work, please try again later.  My hosting is often flaky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bracket submissions are no longer being accepted!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2009 2:33 PM

- Rules

This is not a golf tournament. 

Players will earn a set amount of points (depending on the round) for each correct pick they make. 

The player with the most points accumulated after the completion of the April MPI will win a prize!  Simple as that.

- Scoring

You will earn points for each correct pick made.  The point values per pick will increase each round.  The deeper your picks make it into the tournament, the more points you can win.  There are a total of 1640 possible points.  Possible points remaining (PPR) will updated as the tournament progresses.

Correct Play-In picks are 10 points each. 

Correct Round 1 picks are 20 points each. 

Correct Round 2 picks are 40 points each. 

Correct Quarterfinal picks are 80 points each.

Correct Semifinal picks are 160 points each.

A correct Finals pick is worth 320 points.

No points are given for the Consolation Match pick. It will be used as a tiebreaker if it is necessary.

- Where can I follow the scores?

The post above this one.

- What are the prizes?

The winning entry will receive a stylish World Golf Tour branded Polo Shirt!  (Black, L or XL)

One lucky random entry will also be chosen from a hat.  That person will receive a World Golf Tour branded hat! Oh the irony! (Black or White OSFA)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2009 12:09 AM

37 entries in so far!  Keep 'em comin!

12 hours left!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 9:34 AM

Final day to get involved in this contest!  Submissions are due by midnight EDT tonight!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 10:08 AM

Can you email me a copy of my bracket picks Nivlac?

Forgot to screen shot it prior to hitting submit.

Thanks.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 10:10 AM

I'll be posting up all brackets tonight after the submission deadline in the OP.  Do you still want an email copy?  If so, drop your email on my wall and I'll send it to ya.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 10:14 AM

Since you're gonna be posting the brackets, I won't need a copy.   So nevermind.

Thanks.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 8:36 PM

" 11:59PM EDT on Friday, April 9th! "

Babe I may be going crazy, but Friday is April 10th isn't it? From your post I'm guessing that is suppose to say Thursday not Friday.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 8:38 PM

lol yep, you're right.  I think I originally had 12:01AM on Friday, but then changed it to 11:59PM to make it easier and forgot to change it to Thursday.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 9:04 PM

Deadline for submissions has passed.  Gimme a few to double check all the entries and get everything posted.

RSS