Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:12 PM

Congrats to the US team on a fine team effort and a great win !

I guess my captain courageous Paul have sum up it pretty good so I just want to add that it's been a pleasure to be part of this magnificent Team World and I'm very proud to be part of it.  Thank you Paul for all your effort, you've certainly put your heart and soul into this competition and even though we didn't win the result speaks for itself mate, YOU DA MAN !

Thank you to all my team mates, it's been an honour to play besides you all and i've learnt so much from you guys, especially your fighting qualities and the never say die attitude.  A special thanks to my aussie partner Doug who have been a great mate, thanks for your support and congrats to you for a fine performance.  Also thank you to my other great partner Avatar Lee, It was a memorable experience for me to play with you buddy.  Thank you to Slor my other partner who put in a real gutsy effort in this cup, it was real nice to play and practice with you.

Thank you also to all the players in the US team, especially Tony, Jeff, Joe, T'bird, Smoothswinger and nivlac, you guys are just awesome opponents and great friends.  Also special thanks to Brandi for being the best looking commentator on IRC and to the group of friends who are just great loyal fans and spend much time to follow all our matches - Rob, Gary, B, Gao, Iconian, Rich, Lou, Steve, plim, etc...  I hope I didn't miss out anyone there !

Finally but not least important, a very big thank you to Seveking for all your hard work through many months to put on a real show for everyone.  He also put in a real gutsy effort as well and made great contribution to the team.  Thanks for creating an experience that all of us won't forget for a long time.

That's it for me and I hope to see we all go at it again next year, when does the qualifying starts !! Take care everyone. 

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:15 PM
    well played to all been great to follow congrats USA
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:45 PM

Slor I missed you out of my first draft. I cant beleive it!!!!!!! You were one of the players that I felt really improved throughout this tournament because of the realisation that you are a very good player, your encounter with claremoreblue was one of the classic matches of the tournament. I will be playing with you soon in your own tourney so see you soon and thank you. 

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:35 PM

First  I want to say CONGRATS to the USA team......and great job from the internationals!!!! 

Second, thanks to TallAcePaul and Vic, doing the commentary was fun for me, and being in irc for all those matches was just awesome!!!!  Sad to see it end.  

Until the next one............

B :)

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:19 PM

Hi to all,

I have to say a few words also, now that this is sadly all over.

CONGRATULATIONS to the USA team. You were just to good in the end guys - but make no mistake I think we were the better team for a long long time in this tournament, and it was only in the latter stages that the power of your singles play overcame us.

To my International team mates - its been a blast getting to know you all and I've made some good friends here. I thought we played exceptional golf, we just couldn't quite get over the line. I really thought we were worth a draw at worst, but to lose - well, I'm gutted to be honest  :-(    Next year !!

A special thanks must go to Captain Paul, and my buddy Cool without you guys I just couldnt have done this. Your support was fantastic, and you gave me believe when I had none.

Slor - keep out of those German Internet cafes!! LOL. Great effort and nice playing with you. I wont forget that eagle either - WOW  LOL.  

To all the players I played against - it was my pleasure guys. You were all gentlemen, and it was a real blast.

Last but not least - again, Congrats Seve for running this show - very well done.

Can I qualify for next years Ryder Cup - I'll give it my best shot.

Thats it from me - see you all on the course,

Cheers Doug

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 11:47 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

dorkfeatures:

I think we were the better team for a long long time in this tournament, and it was only in the latter stages that the power of your singles play overcame us.

World was leading for a long time in the tournament, but the better team?  World won alternate hole 4.5 to 3.5 and USA wins Fourball 4.5 to 3.5 and World was better team for a long time?

imcoola:
    Next year the World will kick your ass lol. regards

You guys have certainly made some less than complimentary comments throughout this tournament that is certainly going to make the next tournament interesting.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 11:56 AM

gitthe:

imcoola:
    Next year the World will kick your ass lol. regards

You guys have certainly made some less than complimentary comments throughout this tournament that is certainly going to make the next tournament interesting.

Well, it wasn't meant like this I just meant that the Internationals had have the potential to win this as well as you had. The US deserved the win but the International Team (we) played good too. I haven't read all the commentaries from the International Team members so I'm afraid but I don't know what you mean. I also wanted to say that next year you're the favorite but it's not like the Internationals have no chance.

regards imcoola

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 2:34 PM

gitthe:

I don't quite understand what this comment really means or is meant to achieve Gitthe - what are you trying to say? Please elaborate......

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 3:10 PM

I don't think it's necessary to dredge all that up again.  We're half a world apart and different words/phrases have different connotations in different places. 

This is all based in misunderstanding, so let's not turn what has been a fantastic event into a last minute bicker-fest.  Please.

Relax everybody. =)

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 1:04 AM

I agree nivlac, it was a fantastic competition played in the best spirit by both teams, that's why I was a bit surprised to read gitthe's comment suggesting otherwise.

Yes, there's been a bit of what I would call friendly banter, such as coola's "kick your ass" comment, but I never came across any disrespect between teams throughout and I was on the mIRC chat for a lot of the matches.

Congratulations to the US team again - hope to see you all at St Andrews.

Happy Thanksgiving

RSS