Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • gitthe
    66 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 1:27 PM

Confirmed: 4:30 pm GMT/11:30 AM Eastern on IRC.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:48 AM
    In just about an hour we will know if U.S.A finally raise the cup or if there is a miracle for Team World!
  • gitthe
    66 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 9:15 AM

We are finishing last practice hole #14.  Will be resuming match on #15 shortly US 3up.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:04 AM
    USA wins 2 and 1 USA wins the first WGT Ryder Cup well done USA and congratulations. Next year the World will kick your ass lol. regards
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:16 AM

Even though I haven't played any part of this tourney, I would like to say well done to the USA. But just wait until next year, when the tides will be turned (and I will hopefully take some kind of part)...

• JALAII
    42 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:17 AM

WOW!!! What an absolutely great match. I never thought that this Ryder Cup would be so much fun. Thank you to my captain, nivlac and to Int'l captain TallAcePaul. I know it was trying at times but you both did an excellent job getting all the teammates together. And of course a special thanks to seveking!!! What can I say seveking... a freaking HOMERUN, brother! I hope to to see everyone back for next year's RC at (hopefully) St. Andrews!!! Well played everyone. It was awesome!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:19 AM

Fantastic job by everyone on the Ryder Cup Rosters!! Awesome matchs and great play, Especially the US team lol!! :)) What a great victory for us and I can't wait till April again!

Simply  huge tournament for all to enjoy, and thanks goes out to the Captains of both teams. Well done men! It has been a total pleasure to compete and play with the big boys and girls who are amongst a great family here, my how lucky we are:)). Vic and Zip, great job men, I just wished I could have had a shot at Zip!! LOL Seve, thank you so much for putting up with us all, and Niv, what can we say brother, you are the man! Thanks for tolerating us as well my friend!

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:48 AM

Hi All

I just want to say congratulations the US team today for securing the first WGT Ryder Cup. It was a well deserved win. Nivlac you did a great job as captain congratulations. Gitthe and Thunderbird you both played fantastically throughout as did the rest of the team Claremoreblue, Hightower, Jalaii, Jarid, Jeffdos924,Smoothswinger WVMountaineer and Taternater.

Well done to Claremoreblue for fighting his way past the black magic (or should I say blue). Thank you Jeffdos for some great commentaries and your great enthusiasm. Gitthe and Jalaii you were gentlemen to play with. I would also like to say a big thanks to brandi35 for a couple of excellent commentaries.

I would like to say a massive thanks to all the World team members. I think the general opinion was that we were going to get beaten easily. It was anything but an easy victory and we can all walk away with our heads held high. I have seen members of the team gain belief throughout this tournament and now understand that they can compete with the best.

Avatar you did a fantastic job as lead player and were a class apart. Zippy you are as mad as a dog left in the sun but played fantastically it was a pleasure to meet and play with you.

Ryan and Paul you made a great really tough team and Paul your general level of play was exceptional, thank you both.

Seve and Deigo you both played good solid golf throughout and I would hope to see you both playing this competition next year thank you both.

Coolswing and dorkfeatures our antipodean team, you guys had it tough and were always playing at some god awful time but still produced great golf and you were both great support to me.

And last but by no means least thank you to my playing partners portsd and imcoola who helped me battle some very good US teams thank you both.

You all really played as a team and thank you all.

Finally a massive thank you to Seve. You have done an awesome job with this competition. It has taken almost 6 months to move from qualifying to end of tournament and you have kept it together wonderfully, thank you very very much.

Its playing tournaments like this that make you realise what a wonderful group of people play at WGT. Are you listening WGT because you really need to get your act together now because the natives are getting restless.

It’s been a pleasure playing with you all and please all look after yourselves.

Paul

(ps I hate losing so I’m going to drink a large number of pints tonight)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 11:04 AM

Well spoken Paul.

I'd also like to thank Seve for putting together a great tournament.  Six months is a long time to keep the focus and despite a few issues here and there you did a wonderful job with the tournament overall, so job well done.

To the international team, you guys almost made me eat my words.  You guys brought a passion and intensity to this competition that I honestly did not expect.  There are no real "losers" on this team, you guys all played well and deserve a strong pat on the back for scrapping all the way to the end.  Kudos to you and your team Paul, you guys are fighters and you yourself are one hell of a captain.

To the United States players, well done and congratulations.  You've earned this victory over some extremely tough opponents, so enjoy it, savor it and get ready to defend that cup next time.  Next year will certainly be another battle! :P

Thanks to all the players who participated, both in qualifying and the actual tournament.  I look forward to next year's turnout being double what we had this year.

I think the only thing left to say at this point is....

... when does qualifying start? :P

P.S.  Any of you who may be looking towards the next big-time community tournament (aside from WGA) need to look no further than January.  The World Match Play League (WMPL) will be starting qualifying in 2010 with the regular season starting in February, so keep your eyes open for that.  All Ryder Cup participants are encouraged to qualify!

/shameless plug

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:52 PM
    Congratulations to U.S.A! I will now let everyone else come on here and say their last words and I´ll make my final and emotional sppech:) on Friday, and then the 2009 Ryder Cup will be considered officially closed.
RSS