Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • iowankid
    57 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 12:52 PM

How awesome is all of this!!!  GO USA!!!

Thanks everyone for the incredible play.  This tourney has made WGT a better place!

In case I forgot to say it...very nice showing by the World squad!

USA, USA, USA....................

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:35 PM

OK INTERNATIONALS lets go.

We need one more massive performance guys. Yep - is a big ask, we're down in both, but we've got his far -so lets give it one last shot.

All the best guys for both matches. With you all the way.

GO INTERNATIONALS GO INTERNATIONALS GO INTERNATIONALS

Cheers Doug

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:35 PM

I just want to say GOOD LUCK Lee and John!!!!!  GO USA!!!!!!!

Good luck as well to the international guys, MAY the best team win.....

This has been some of the best stuff on WGT and I am going to be sad that it is coming to an end :( 

Good tourney seve, and good job to the captains and ALL the players internationals and Americans.....It has been such a pleasure to be watching and giving commentary.....and just being a part of it...just amazing.....

B

Please show up at 8 am pacific time for the match in IRC!!!!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 11:13 PM

@ brandi35

Hi - yeh this is going to be very sad when it all comes to an end.

From my point of view - it has been amazing to be part of the International team, in this first Virtual Ryder Cup - just amazing. 

Everybody from both teams has been just brilliant, and the whole tournament has been played in a fantastic spirit. No complaints about swing meters, lag etc etc everyone has just got on with it. I take my hat off to all involved, and especially Seve for running the whole show - surely thats worth a point LOL :-)

Definitely WGT's finest hour. 

GO INTERNATIONALS

Cheers Doug

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:06 AM

This is one of those matches, one of those moments for which organisers organise their tournaments and in which every Community Organised Tournament player wants to be involved.

Don´t miss it! Come... to IRC... NOW!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:47 AM

U.S.A.  still one up after five holes

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:36 AM

Well played John and Lee. Once they had gone 2 up I knew it was going to be difficult as we really had to win this match. My missed putt on 7 also did not help, we neede to win that hole.

You guys played really well and were both great to play with, well done to the US on the win and thank you to my partner Dan who hit a great birdie on 8 to give us a chance of leveling.

Well played all.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:17 AM

John and Lee, what a great victory for the USA!! All the pressure and nerves, awesome job brothers! This has been a nail biter for sure, and some great matches. Well done by all for sure.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:47 AM

After nearly two months of competition, U.S.A. are the first team to reach the golden fourteen points, and they can´t lose whatever happens in the last match!

Now Team World must hope for the Paul-Imc miracle to level the first ever Ryder Cup.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:30 PM

John and Lee great win. !0 ciggs in 5 holes :).  Gratz! to both teams . When's the rematch? 1 or 2 years?

RSS