Forums

Help › Forums

Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier Winner Announced, and more...

Fri, Nov 26 2021 12:50 PM (192 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 11:28 PM

@Heath,

Hi from Down Under.

Just a comment re "the meter" and WTF shots". I have been playing here for over 7 years now, no I'm not that good that's for sure, but - as far as the meter and WTF shots go  I honestly don't get much trouble with them at all - and thats a FACT. I live in Australia to - quite a  way from SF??

Yes I get the odd WTF shot, but really I dont worry to much about it. I never have, and I dont intend to start now. 

Lets face it - how many times would Tiger and Phil  hit that perfect shot (according to them) and turn to their caddy with that very same comment WTF !!  I hit it perfectly and it does that !!?? Its the Same here.

We're in a virtual world here, so they add a bit of realism to it.

Great job WGT - keep up the good work

Cheers

Doug

• PAT3361
    50 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2015 5:47 PM

Doug,

So glad to hear you don't get to many of the WTF shots as you call them, Not sure what prompted your comment, but reading between the lines I'm assuming it players complaining about the game. Totally agree on your comments ref Tiger and Phil, Personally I do see why guys complain so much about the game, granted there are those who think they should score like Tiger every game they play but that would be no fun at all. Like you I have played a long time now, 5years to be exact. And what I can say for certainty is not everyone gets the same game free of glitches, I more or less play with an almost permanent meter stutter, and before you jump on the wgt bandwagon, NO its not my equipment, I run windows 7 on an HP 35 inch touchsmart pc, Wh 1 GB of ram,  have a fibre optic broadband connection with 100MB download speed. I a download Music files and Movie files in minutes. but when I come to WGT I would be as well with a GAS powered modem on n ATARI system for all the good it does. I constantly et disconnected from the game almost on a daily basis, even typing this message takes forever a I have to keep going over it, to correct the missing letters that for some reason I just wont recognise as I type, (I will not correct the next few lines so you see what I mean) I totally get the point tht the gme is virtual golf and as real as it can be in a virtual world, but the game is totally unbalancd as not everyone is presented with the same standard, (back to correcting the red underline is doing my nut in!!!) So I would just love to log n and have no glitches, Load issue which guarantee my meter stutter like hell, r the countless disconnects during most games, which again result in meter stutters, or the 'unexpected error' messages that frequently pop up, So when all is said and done, I am glad that YOU seem to be one of the lucky ones that can enjoy uninterrupted 'GAME PLAY' but spare a thought for those that don't enjoy that luxury. It's not BITCHING because we cant score like Tiger or anyone else for that matter, it's simply that we don't a level playing field, nothing else. I am certain if you did suffer he same fate as many like me do, you would not be singing off with.......................

Great job WGT - keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Pat

• PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 4:06 PM

PAT3361:
    So when all is said and done, I am glad that YOU seem to be one of the lucky ones that can enjoy uninterrupted 'GAME PLAY' but spare a thought for those that don't enjoy that luxury. It's not BITCHING because we cant score like Tiger or anyone else for that matter, it's simply that we don't a level playing field

What a fantastic post! 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 10:17 PM

PAT3361:
    I run windows 7 on an HP 35 inch touchsmart pc, Wh 1 GB of ram,  have a fibre optic broadband connection with 100MB download speed

1 gig of ram may be the issue...

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2015 6:13 AM

Hi Pat,

My comments were based on a couple of previous posts (obviously just prior to mine), particularly about the usual players being at the top of the leader board and the insinuation of cheating etc. Am not saying your bitching either Pat, their you're words not mine !! - and it wasnt a response about players complaining either, I was just making a point that's all.

All up though Pat you havent got to "Legend" for nothing, you've done very well despite your problems - I'm still at Master, Tour Master soon though.

Hey - I'm not saying there are no problems with the game and that everything is strawberries and cream, its just  that I personally dont get to much trouble with the game as a whole. The very elite players cant have to much trouble either, going by their scoring lolol? or if they do they minimise the effects.

I am sorry you dont have the same  glitch free connection, it has always puzzled me why so many people have problems, yet I have very little, and me being all the way over here in Australia - I cant be the only one?  I have had various computers over the past 7 years here, and they all seemed to have been ok. I've had various types of connections also - with virtually no difference. Am not saying I never get meter stutters,  -  but "bad" ones are pretty rare. 

Am not criticising people for complaining Pat, far from it - and am not going to jump on the WGT bandwagon either. 

As a matter of interest - I play on Google Chrome - a lot of players recommend Comodo Dragon as the best platform for the game, also as MG mentioned up your RAM

Good luck, and Hit em straight.

Cheers

Doug

• harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 8:32 AM

with just 477 rank rounds and here 7 yrs does not mean much with 477 rounds, not meaning to hurt your feeling but the truth is wgt does have a problem and patting them on the back is not going to fix it. i have played over 2000 rds as  a tl  and it seems to hit us worst ,but thats just my opion.

harrybr549

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:17 PM

please fix multi-player games

• ParGuy53
    15 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 4:36 PM

Hey Doug!

Thanks for your post and I agree, odd shots happen and the "Meter Excuse" does get old from players. However I am sick and tired of the "Unexpected Error" and being disconnected for whatever reason! I can not count how many times I have been DQ'D because of these "Errors". It gets really old when you are in the middle of a good game! I just had that that happen as I was in the lead and playing well. I will take my blame for for my bad play, but when it is because of WGT, I draw the line. I am going on my 4th year and to tell you the truth, if there was a alterative to WGT, I would take it!

• JASONDUFFNER13
    24 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2015 12:08 AM

amen brother, u sound exactly like the way i feel& my experiences on W.G.T.?     JASONDUFFNER13!

• meadowpippit
    8 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2015 12:02 PM

YES IT IS TOTAL GARBAGE>>>

RSS