Forums

Help › Forums

Kiawah First Hole Closest to the Pin

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 23 2009 9:34 AM (5 replies)
  • clemsondds
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2009 8:07 PM

Hello, it might be just me...but lately I have been having a really tough time getting the ball to land inside 20 feet on this hole. I have always been able to stick it to within a few feet...but the program seems to not be working right. Anyone else notice this? It seems to be only hole 1 (or at least the major effect) because on hole 2 I get it to within 5 feet everytime. Thanks all and take care 

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2009 8:18 AM

I noticed it too.  I take enough club allowing for wind and come up 11 yards short in the front of the green.  Before it was easy to get fairly close to the hole.  That is how it played before the major upgrade.  So it seems like for hole 1 anyway we are back to how it played a few weeks ago.  I am using the same irons as you (starter irons).

• Tee1up
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2009 9:38 PM

I have found that more this hole and many others is that the best thing to do is ease off one club (use a 7) and then backspin if the wind is behind you. Bunch of holes on this course (for me) have benefited with this approach. Hole 3 is still my dreaded hole. 

• PollPixx
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 6:17 AM

Hole 3, use a 3i and put the arrow to the left side, just next to the shadow of the flagstig. Hit it with 97% club (depending on wind) and release just a bit to the left side of the centre, I just hit a total of 41.34  in the week contest on the 9 holes!! ;-)

Cheers,

Arnold

• Ronjohn8
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2009 7:22 AM

but why does your 3i not reach the green? If the distance is only 165 why cant you carry the bunker even with the wind at your back. This hole is garbage. The closest I have come is 13 feet and that was by rolling it up the fairway to the left of the bunkers.

• Tee1up
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2009 9:34 AM

Thanks a bunch - great advice.

RSS