Forums

Help › Forums

StoneCold's Putting Clinic

Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:25 AM (96 replies)
  • bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:10 PM

" take your time and way it up like the pros do!"

I can't putt por dookey and am always looking for tips. I must admit that I don't understand this one. Please explicate.

• rickm334
    78 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:38 PM

Consider the putt, think about it rather than just lining it up and hitting it. Look at Tiger Woods and Rory Mac, thay look at the putt from all angles, consider break, uphill or downhill and fully comitt tot he shot 

• Dallas5xsb
    556 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 5:54 AM

Thank you for this tip. A Lot of time as been put into this article and it's appreciated.

Dallas

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:51 AM

Dallas5xsb:

Thank you for this tip. A Lot of time as been put into this article and it's appreciated.

Dallas

Good credentials for the OP, too. He won the Open at Olympic last year.  :-)

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 6:09 PM

bubbadork:

I can't putt por dookey and am always looking for tips. I must admit that I don't understand this one. Please explicate.

At the risk that your request was simple irony, BD, perhaps he meant "... weigh it up like the pros do!"?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:08 AM

YankeeJim:
    Good credentials for the OP, too. He won the Open at Olympic last year.  :-)

And the Open the year before at RSG....  ;)

Cheers,

b0gey

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:54 PM

bubbadork:

sigh

• lakerhater4
    10 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 11:59 AM
    I just wanted to thank you for this tip. I actually shot -3 and -1 back to back for the 1st time and I am not afraid to putt. I no longer cuss at my computer and scare my dogs when I miss. I can go for it with a legit chance of making it and if not, its right next to the hole.(except I did miss a 2 footer to shoot -4!). Anyways, good stuff. Keep it coming!
  • ladylucy101
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:13 AM

very helpful article, and just to add something simple,the great Lee Trevino who I was fortunate to meet at a pro am in the 70s, said imagine a dustbin lid is covering the hole, it's approximately 2.5 ft diameter, aim for the dustbin lid, the hole is only 4.5 inches, if you hit the d/b/lid, you will never be further than 15 inches from the hole, and some will actually go in the hole, most players would fancy their chances of hitting the lid, where as 4.5 inches can seem intimidating,I was never better than an average golfer i.e 12 handicap, but I was one of the best putters in our club, and this advice transfers to this game, a regular playing partner always remarks on my "gr8 lags", this is obviously for putts of 10ft or more, but it works for me, hope it of some help to some of the frustrated putters out there, good luck to you all and have a very happy new year.

RSS