Forums

Help › Forums

Bandon Dunes...

Mon, Dec 15 2014 3:26 PM (20 replies)
  • Lumberguy67
    8 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:25 AM

I don't know how many of you have heard of Bandon Dunes, but last year was rated #1 by Golf Digest, even ahead of Pebble Beach. In southern Oregon, 5 hour drive south of Portland. Has 4 18 hole courses, a 12 hole short iron course, and an unbelievable practice area. Not to mention amenities and accommodations are incredible. I live in Portland, and have been every year with a group of buddies for 8 straight years. If you want any info or ways to save money, let me know. Would be happy to answer any questions. 

check out the website  www.bandondunes.com

Will be one of the best trips you ever make..

Lumberguy67 (John)

• BaskinWilliams
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:28 PM

I loooove Old Macdonald

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:55 PM

Id be keen but im miiiiillleeeess away

• sky7051
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:08 PM

Going in one month for a long weekend of abuse then heading back at the end of June for another 4-5 day weekend. Never been just always been drooling so time to make the trip.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:39 AM

Lumberguy67:
     don't know how many of you have heard of Bandon Dunes, but last year was rated #1 by Golf Digest, even ahead of Pebble Beach. In southern Oregon, 5 hour drive south of Portland

I have both played thisfine course and also went on a 3day Squatch Watch there last summer. Good times!

• WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 12:34 PM

Have some good news for you (and for those that aren't able to make the trip quite as often)... Bandon is coming to WGT early next year, so you'll be able to play as often as you'd like.

There is more information in our blog post, hope you enjoy it!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2013 1:12 PM

WGTwildcat:

Have some good news for you (and for those that aren't able to make the trip quite as often)... Bandon is coming to WGT early next year, so you'll be able to play as often as you'd like.

That is good news in getting a par three course, but is there any chance of getting one of the full courses as well?

• couchpot
    914 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 7:20 AM

and its here!! always good to have new courses on WGT.  What can I say ....

Hole 1 nice right hander out back Hole 3 has a peaking left and right -- and that's just the surfing that can be seen from the course :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 9:28 AM

Lumberguy67:
    #1 by Golf Digest, even ahead of Pebble Beach

yeh, Golf Digest is known for foolishness. Their rankings are about as reliable as Cigar Aficionado in that department...it is on my list and I've heard from reliable minds that it is worth the venture, however, it is never in the same conversation with Pebble, nor shall it ever be. ~ SP ~ 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Dec 12 2014 9:38 AM

From May 2013:

WGTwildcat:
    Bandon is coming to WGT early next year, so you'll be able to play as often as you'd like.

That would have been in spring 2014, while the cited news stated,

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort is coming to World Golf Tour Fall 2014

Now, it has become Dec 11th to come true.

Me thinks that the delay is excusable, only has none of us(?) remembered this announcement long enough.

Good job, WGT!

RSS