Help › Forums

Wolf Creek #5 - tips

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 3 2009 8:35 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2009 7:02 PM

I hate this hole ! Backspin right of pin and try and catch the slope. Anyone getting 10-15 ft consistantly ?

• RAIDERX
    12 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2009 7:24 PM

i agree this hole is tough. i tend to just land it to right of green and catch a break .was 7 inches a cople times landing on back side with a roll down to pin(prob just luck)

• jspatch
    24 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2009 8:08 PM

I constantly hit the left lip of the trap and roll in... its amazing, like my ball is magically drawn to it...

And, no surprise, I did it again... gotta use the 150yard club (6 iron.... sorry, I have a tendency to focus on teh yardage the club gets, not the club itself). 

Ever notice a lot of the greens are shaped like shoes???  The pin placement on this one is in the heel.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 10:18 AM

I am hitting the 170 yard club (Yes - True! - Pin distance Only 140!) with full backspin and landing it behind or slightly left behind the pin.  This sometimes lands it on the green OR the fringe at a distance of about 20-24 feet.  AND THEN I WAIT.  It then begins a slow trickle back towards the hole ending up 15-18 feet away.  This, EVEN THOUGH I have selected a club that is way too long (by the numbers anyway) and that theoretically should end up nowhere close.  SO FAR, this is the most consistent approach I have had to getting anywhere even close.  I don't think I have heard the heartbeat onthis hole yet.

Hitting the 160 yard club - Even with full tailwind - seems to far to frequently end up drilled into the steep bank of rough at the FRONT of the green - though occasionally gets on the green - but further away than what I described above.

Go figure. - AtlantaCoaster

• ZACHT
    23 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2009 11:04 AM

It's true! With the 4 iron, it will hit the far bank and bounce back within 20 ft of the hole.

Check my replays!

• raiderdog3
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 9:24 AM

6 iron full backspin aim a little right and hope.

2 bounces and in Ace recorded on my profile

• Ferrari355fi
    24 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 1:46 PM

no freaking way. That was a pretty nice hole in one.

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 1:56 PM

Nice Ace ! Although if it didn't hit the hole that was off the green.

I'm pretty much sticking with 7 iron right of the flag. Get the occasional luck bounce on front fringe to within 6 feet.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2009 8:30 PM

Quote: " I don't think I have heard the heartbeat on this hole yet.: Thats great AC. Maybe once for me. Ive tried to hit right and then let it roll back. Seems to just hangs in the rough. Not like that on 7th hole.Tried to use the 170 yd club with a punch shot off that knob in front of the green. Got beat once but not consistant. Ive new irons so I have the 155 yds club but still tough. Anything around 15 feet is good for me.

• HawkeyeMoJo
    5 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2009 8:08 AM

same here... constant...hard to get it any closer....more club your over..less club your short.

• PAGES
RSS