Forums

Help › Forums

Log of Chat with MisterWGT 9/28/12

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2020 7:54 PM (22 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:33 PM

This is the actual log. I did some editing after the room was open to questions since most weren't actual q&a.

<WGTpizza> My name is WGTpizza and I will be your host this afternoon

<WGTpizza> 

<WGTpizza> First, I’d like to thank everyone for showing up and actively participating in making your community better.

<WGTpizza> Today’s chat will go as follows:

<WGTpizza> MisterWGT will be speaking in a moment about some new and exciting things happening at WGT

<WGTpizza> Then, we will be answering 3 questions chosen from the “Chat with MisterWGT” thread on the forums.

<WGTpizza> After that, we will start a Q&A session with MisterWGT. At this point if you would please PM your question to either WGTicon, WGTgator or WGTwildcat and we will be selecting questions for MisterWGT to field directly.

<WGTpizza> Important: Please only PM your questions to the 3 people listed, and only after we announce that we are accepting questions. To PM one of these people, find their name on the right hand side of this chat room, and left click their name. The first option under their name will be “PM”. This stands for Private Message, and will open a private chat tab between yo

<WGTpizza> between you and that person

<WGTpizza> Without further delay, here he is - MisterWGT!

<MisterWGT> Wow... 

<MisterWGT> ok... what an intro 

<MisterWGT> Well first I must say... glad to be back and talking with everyone again

<MisterWGT> as Pizza mentioned, let's dig into some WGT news to start things off!

<MisterWGT> Now... for those in the last chat session, I mentioned we had finished our contract with Merion Golf Club -- Host of next year's U.S. Open

<MisterWGT> and I am now happy to report ... the entire course is now photographed and in production!

<MisterWGT> I was lucky enough to spend 2+ weeks in Merion... working closely with our course production team, Merion's course staff and the USGA

<MisterWGT> to ensure that we will recreate the course with incredible detail

<MisterWGT> to ensure that we will recreate the course with incredible detail

<MisterWGT> Now... Merion is an interesting one, to say the least.

<MisterWGT> As a course opened 1896...

<MisterWGT> I wouldn't say it's the longest track I've ever set foot upon.

<MisterWGT> The USGA certainly knows this as well... the modern game would easily tame this course if left alone

<MisterWGT> so this year... the USGA and the course had all fairways cut to US OPEN widths during our shoot

<MisterWGT> No more 40-yard landing zones...

<MisterWGT> go wide... you're in 3-4" long 2nd cut grass

<MisterWGT> secondly... new tees boxes

<MisterWGT> The course as played by Hogan... well... it's now a bit longer

<MisterWGT> if you know or have been lucky enough to have played the course... you'll see there are new tee boxes 25-75yds back

<MisterWGT> on holes 2, 5, 14, 18 (to name a few)

<MisterWGT> And lastly... hole locations

<MisterWGT> the USGA had a tradition to find locations in tough spots, but typically with a fair amount of cushion from the green edge to the flagstick

<MisterWGT> Not at Merion...

<MisterWGT> some of the hole locations are a mere 3-4 paces from the green edge

<MisterWGT> it's going to make for some serious risk/reward shots at the actual US OPEN... and certainly for us in the Virtual

<MisterWGT> In the coming weeks... we will be publishing a little "behind the scenes" tour of our trip

<MisterWGT> where you will see course photos, see some of the team in action (including me directing the heli shoot -- in flip flops), and other interesting tales/trivia about the shoot and Merion itself

<MisterWGT> And I have a few things on my Twitter feed now:

<MisterWGT> https://twitter.com/#!/MisterWGT/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FU1vLziDw

<MisterWGT> (for those who want a sneak peak)

<MisterWGT> So that's Merion.  

<MisterWGT> The course looked GORGEOUS for us... it's now in post-production

<MisterWGT> and I cannot wait to release it to the entire WGT community!

MisterWGT> (which now -- after only 6 years -- finally includes my Mom)

<MisterWGT> Yeah... go Mom!  ;)

<MisterWGT> Next up...

<MisterWGT> WGT has been working on a little project that I'm thrilled to introduce...

<WGTpizza> *drumroll*

<MisterWGT> A few months ago, we decided it was time to go beyond the web... and take WGT into new platforms

<MisterWGT> so LIVE now... WGT is now MOBILE!

<MisterWGT> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wgt-golf-lite/id518190150?mt=8&ls=1

<MisterWGT> We launched WGT GOLF LITE on iTunes and it's available around the world for iPhones (3GS and above) and iPad2 & iPad3 (i.e. the current one)

<MisterWGT> Now... this is our first entry with golf on mobile... 

<MisterWGT> so to start, and for those who remember our origins, we launched with a closest-to-the-hole format 

<MisterWGT> the game comes with 2 new Kiawah challenges (one Easy, one Medium)

<MisterWGT> and we are now actively working on new/original challenges for the other courses

<MisterWGT> what excites me about this... not only do the visuals look amazing on the phones & tablets 

<MisterWGT> but it takes us one step closer to having our game available across multiple devices and platforms

<MisterWGT> the mobile game uses the exact clubs, balls and physics system we have in the web game

<MisterWGT> so you will not have to learn a whole new system

<MisterWGT> so it's the start... golf ANYWHERE

<MisterWGT> ANYTIME (just what your wives, husbands & significant others want to hear) ;)

<MisterWGT> So... we couldn't be more excited about it and look forward to getting your feedback

<MisterWGT> as I said, it's only the beginning... so we're going to be continually improving it, adding more features, content, etc 

<MisterWGT> with monthly or bi-monthly releases (as much as Apple allows)

<MisterWGT> Ok... so that's the news for today:

<MisterWGT> 1) Merion is underway!

<MisterWGT> 2) WGT Mobile!

<MisterWGT> Now... onto the questions:

<MisterWGT> Alosso has asked (along with many of you) -- "Can you describe the progress of work on Uneven Lies?"

<MisterWGT> Yes... great topic & question.

<MisterWGT> First... thank you all for giving us all your feedback over these past few weeks

<MisterWGT> Our strategy was to release uneven in a way that was optional -- knowing we would improve, polish and - hopefully - perfect it over a few releases

<MisterWGT> So we've taken a slew of the feedback thus far and implemented several changes for the coming release (with a few more released in the future)

<MisterWGT> A few specifics... we have decreased the amount of power lost when hitting from a side-hill lie (both fairways & rough)

<MisterWGT> We have fixed the sand trap and chipping/pitching bugs associated with uneven lies.

<MisterWGT> And in this area... please give us feedback with the next release.

<MisterWGT> We feel it's certainly more realistic in the coming build.

<MisterWGT> Additionally, we are improving the ball flight path when dealing with a side-hill lie (i.e. there will be more curve in the flight)

<MisterWGT> Uneven lies will remain PRACTICE ONLY in the coming build... so we can further test and get your feedback before we begin any ranked/tourney play with uneven lies

<MisterWGT> but to be clear... the goal is to get uneven lies to that point of realism so players will have that added challenge in coming events & tourneys

<MisterWGT> Next question...

MisterWGT> Next question...

<MisterWGT> OH... and as a reminder, any follow-up questions I'll get to at the end

<MisterWGT> SamanthaWho asks "Why can’t we have multiple round CTTH tourneys?"

MisterWGT> Good news!  In 2 weeks... WGT will be starting multi-round CTTH touneys

<MisterWGT> and in the Nov release, multi-round CTTH tourneys will be available for Country Clubs (with cut lines)

<MisterWGT> Ok... moving on for time...

<MisterWGT> Pjctas0822 asks “Would counting all stats as they happen keep the sandbaggers in check?”

<MisterWGT> Alright... the sandbaggers!

<MisterWGT> As you know, we take sandbaggers seriously -- like you do as well.

<MisterWGT> In the next release, we are introducing some new procedures to move sandbaggers up to higher tiers when playing all game types.

<MisterWGT> Without going into the specifics on how it works, what you will notice is players who win tournaments & match-play games will be moving up to new tiers much faster than before.

<MisterWGT> This will be coming in the Oct release and we'll be monitoring play and it's effects closely in the weeks to follow.

<MisterWGT> Specifically... we've seen winners of match-play games had not been elevating up through tiers, and the new system will address this.

<MisterWGT> Ultimately, we want players to face fair/balanced competition (i.e. no LVL90 Amateurs)

<MisterWGT> Last question before we go into Q&A...

<MisterWGT> We've been hearing quite a bit of grumbling about the DISCONNECT%

<MisterWGT> and strangely enough, not as much love/support as we hoped

<MisterWGT> so... we're making a few fixes in the next build

<MisterWGT> specifically... in ALT SHOT games, if your partner disconnects... you will not be penalized

<MisterWGT> this # should be a reflection on your actions alone and affects by those you play with/against/etc

<MisterWGT> In addition, some of the lobby & reconnection bugs which affect this number... we are actively working to fix as well.

<MisterWGT> I am hopeful that most of these fixes will hit in the Oct build, but if a few creep through, they will be in the Nov release

<MisterWGT> Overall... we believe this feature & information is valuable, but ONLY if it's a reflection of the proper behavior.

<MisterWGT> I have also heard that some players don't like they are not at 100% (all the perfectionists in the room)...

<MisterWGT> but it was never our thought or goal for the norm to be 100%

<MisterWGT> it's more a gauge of "likelihood" of a player finishing a game

<MisterWGT> so... we're committed to it, but we want to get it working as designed without the unfair penalties 

<MisterWGT> Alright... we are closing in on 1 hour, so now I will pass it back to Pizza for a Q&A session

<MisterWGT> take it away Pizza... first question?

<WGTpizza> Thank you! TONS of exciting news from MisterWGT today

<WGTpizza> Ok folks, we are now entering the Q&A portion of this chat. Please remember to send your question in a PM to: WGTicon, WGTgator and WGTwildcat. 

<MisterWGT> (certainly more than 2000lbs)

<WGTpizza> oh you  :P

<WGTpizza> To send a PM, find the name of your choice on the right side of this chat room, left click it, and the first option under the name will be “PM”. Left click this to open a direct line to that name.

<WGTpizza> We will try to answer as many questions as possible, and remember this entire chat will be posted on the forums afterward. Let’s get this started! Please send your questions now.

<WGTpizza> I will give everyone a minute to send a question :)

<WGTpizza> Vader asks: "Besides the two MAX golf balls in the pro shop, what's upcoming to be released with MAX or new equipment AND when?"

<MisterWGT> Good question... MAX Vapor balls are coming in OCT.  A MAX putter is in the works and will be in the NOV release (if not sooner if lucky)

MisterWGT> As for the branded equipment, we are now getting the next year's models from the manufacturers and will be launching them according to their marketing schedule

<MisterWGT> (i.e. it's all tied into their marketing plans)

<MisterWGT> Next question?

<WGTpizza> YankeeJIm asks: Is WGT mobile just for i-phones?

<MisterWGT> At the present time... yes.  iOS only.

<MisterWGT> But we built the core architecture to be mobile independent... thus, Android (Kindle Fire HD, Galaxy Nexus Tablet, etc)... all doable

<MisterWGT> and we will be making more announcements in the coming weeks/months

<MisterWGT> Next?

<WGTpizza> bjblogistics asks: "Is there any update to the "exchange rate adjustment" to Credits (LiveGamer)?

<MisterWGT> Good question... we made the change approx. 3 weeks ago to the exchange rate as it was necessary based on the economics with LiveGamer

<MisterWGT> (i.e. it was not working financially).

<MisterWGT> It came down to a simple decision... change the exchange rate - or - remove LiveGamer completely

<MisterWGT> We felt it was still valuable to players... so we chose to keep it, but with the adjustment

<MisterWGT> We know there are inventory issues for non-USA players, but we are actively urging LiveGamer to correct this ASAP!

<MisterWGT> Next question?

<WGTpizza> alcaucin asks: any plans for full access to all clubs for Legends+?

<MisterWGT> No... at this time, we don't have plans to make all equipment available to legends+

<MisterWGT> we will selectively introduce new inventory that will be available based on tier

<MisterWGT> (as an example, the MAX balls)

<MisterWGT> At this point... I'll stick around to 3:30 if we'd like to have a more free-form discussion with the room open?

(these were selectively editing, as room was open for chat)

<MisterWGT> so with that Pizza... let's open the room back up!

<MisterWGT> Thank you all for joining and your continued support! 

<Buggyyy> Finally

<WGTpizza> Alright! Let's hear what else our community has to say :)  Thank you all for joining us :)

<mkg335> Chad, thanks for the chat, looking forward to the next one.

<b0gey> thanks chad

<Buggyyy> Will we see anymore Nike clubs in the future. Not just putters, but irons, drivers, woods, etc.?

<MisterWGT> Buggyyy... that is up to Nike.

<MisterWGT> we'd love to support more clubs

<b0gey> mobile version, carry current wgt account across platforms?

<MisterWGT> Bogey... iOS requires gamecenter accounts, but we are also looking at Facebook connect

<nivlac> how does wgt operate on ipad without flash

<MisterWGT> Niv... we built a new game client! MisterWGT> put it this way... on the iPhone5... the swing meter is smooth as butter

<nat> what causes us not to get back into games when we have been disconnected for no reason during any type game ? and we are forced to forefit 

<MisterWGT> Nat... the reconnection bugs, we are actively researching and fixes the moment we find them

<YankeeJIm> How about new Best of course?

<MisterWGT> Best of Putting is coming for CCs

<bjblogistics> Was the Q raised about additional pin placements on existing courses?

<MisterWGT> New hole locations are coming for Congressional in NOV (or earlier)

<Bjornagain1> how do you feel about more CC v CC tournaments . Can that be a possiblity?

<MisterWGT> BJorn... definitely something we've been thinking about 

<MisterWGT> (all I can say as of now)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:37 PM

Thank you to everyone who showed up and hung out with MisterWGT!

We will continue to do our best to inform the community with news about their favorite online golf game :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:44 PM

WGTicon:

<MisterWGT> Niv... we built a new game client! MisterWGT> put it this way... on the iPhone5... the swing meter is smooth as butter

When are they gonna spread that butter to our current version that has been bug riddled for years?

This is why I dont vote and I dont go to these chats. Too political for me and contridictative too. Sorry that is just the way I see it.

Nice to see them expanding their horizons to other platforms but it would be nice to fix the platform that got WGT where they are today. Its the original long time players that should be thanked and they can start by fixing the major bugs in the current platform before going out into the sunset on other platforms right?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:18 PM

pjctas0822:

WGTicon:

When are they gonna spread that butter to our current version that has been bug riddled for years?

This is why I dont vote and I dont go to these chats. Too political for me and contridictative too. Sorry that is just the way I see it.

Nice to see them expanding their horizons to other platforms but it would be nice to fix the platform that got WGT where they are today. Its the original long time players that should be thanked and they can start by fixing the major bugs in the current platform before going out into the sunset on other platforms right?

In the short term view yes but in the long view all avenues must be pursued for the business to grow. They're doing exactly what they said they wanted to do in the Forbes mag article. I say good for them and best of luck in business.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:42 PM

<MisterWGT> Without going into the specifics on how it works, what you will notice is players who win tournaments & match-play games will be moving up to new tiers much faster than before.

<MisterWGT> specifically... in ALT SHOT games, if your partner disconnects... you will not be penalized

This is going to bring this game into a whole new light. Way to go MisterWGT and the WGT team. The game has just had another shot of realism injected into it IMO.  : )

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:54 PM

Richard4168:

This is going to bring this game into a whole new light. Way to go MisterWGT and the WGT team. The game has just had another shot of realism injected into it IMO.  : )

Now the disconnecting player seems to be identifiable (sp?). I see hope for a better rate of target hits in the other game types, too.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:51 AM

So there you have it folks, WGT on mobile. Thats why we have been paying all these mad prices for equipment lately. 

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 4:37 PM

alosso:

Richard4168:

Now the disconnecting player seems to be identifiable (sp?). I see hope for a better rate of target hits in the other game types, too.

There is still one problem with the disconnect. I could not make the chat. You penalized when opposite team forfeits too in A/S. So when is that going to be fixed? That was not even mentioned. If that still going to happen, then it won't fix it. That was the main problem, not that a team member forfeits. Nice to have both fixed.

Should only be the disconnecter that gets penalized not any of the 3 that did not.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:24 PM

Games4Ever71:

alosso:

Richard4168:

There is still one problem with the disconnect. I could not make the chat. You penalized when opposite team forfeits too in A/S. So when is that going to be fixed? That was not even mentioned. If that still going to happen, then it won't fix it. That was the main problem, not that a team member forfeits. Nice to have both fixed.

Should only be the disconnecter that gets penalized not any of the 3 that did not.

If you read all of what Mrwgt said regarding this you will not be penalized starting with the Oct update. Only the person that disconnects.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:42 PM

so nothing about:

alrighty... :|

RSS