Help › Forums

Putting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 12 2009 10:04 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JGates
    158 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 8:00 AM

Is it just me or since the new updates has putting changed a little?  I know they changed the wind for Kiawah but it appears that putting is now affected by wind.  Is it just me or did anyone else notice the wind really pushes your ball on the green?

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 8:22 AM

Yes it does have a larger than expected effect on the putt.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 9:11 AM

Sometimes, other times no effect at all.   The putting is atrocious right now.

I really don't ever want to hear again that this game does not have a randomizer.

• baldwino
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2009 10:35 AM

I agree that putting has become more difficult. It would have to do largely with the fact that the green speeds have increased. Getting the ball close has become more challenging since the greens are firmer. The spin on most shots doesn't seem to have that "biting" affect as it did before. I feel though, as the game progresses the goal will be to become more well-rounded players. Getting exposure to different types of course conditions can only improve our play providing that WGT keeps the ball response consistent with firm or soft/fast or slow greens, which definitely seems to be the case for now. Although, it seems that my shot forgiveness isn't quite what it used to be. I'm still getting used to stronger wind conditions too.

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2009 7:07 PM

I have just had two occasions where I was preparing to putt. The first was  a distance of 20ft on the 18th hole and realised that the scale was at 60ft and not 30ft.  I previously had this  situation and had not realised it in time and messed up. I also had a 24ft putt downhill and had a 60ft scale. Obviously one cannot be anywhere near as accurate, so it goes against you.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 5:31 AM

Yes this is a know complaint from many of us here, and stems back to being able to select the scale of the putter.  As for your 20ft putt on 18, it was likely that you where (barely) on the fringe, where the default selection is a 60 foot putter... no matter how close you are.  I've been as close as 12 ft. and just on the fringe and had a 60 foot putter, with a downhill slope!  =)

• driving
    51 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 9:18 AM

on the 60 ft meter if you figure 8 ft each time the club moves distance can be gauged as well as with the 30 ft scale  better than getting 30 ft scale and having a 27ft shot uphill there is no chance

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2009 1:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. This is on our radar, and is something we will improve in the future.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 2:36 PM

WGTalex,

I swore I was not going to get back on here for a while and some of my friends stopped by and wanted to see the game. I started playing 18 and quit before I was done with the front. I had 2- 3 putts from within 61/2 feet and one of the guys I play with in real life told me he has played this course and with my putting in real life not being very strong, he said that a 3 putt from that distance is BS, and that he would bet $1000.00 that on the real green I could not take that many putts for real so why does it happen in the game. I told him it happens not only to me but others also, not only with putting but with other clubs too. You can not deny that there are ongoing issues that have not been addressed. My wife plays games also and she got on and said the lack of consistancy with WGT is one of the first things she noticed. We are tired of trying to "guess" what is going to happen. Maybe there are plenty who have figured out the "system" that gets you low scores, but in a game 1+1 should be 2 every time and in this game it is not.

• Unionite
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 9:21 PM

putting is definetly  ridiculous - no chance outside 20 ft. - inside 5 is not guaranteed - needs substantial improvement, wind factor notwithstanding

• PAGES
RSS