Forums

Help › Forums

The Cigar

Wed, May 26 2010 9:59 AM (36 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:11 PM

I attended a wedding on Saturday and at the reception, next to the bar, was a gentleman making hand rolled cigars for all takers. I received two. A nice robusto along with a very fine looking churchill. I played today at my club and fired up the churchill...what a dandy! Lasted 17 holes. I played #18 without it, 3 jiggled, for a double bogey, for an 81, but it was a fine cigar. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:28 PM

Gotta love a girl who knows how to appreciate a cigar.  (Was it your wedding?)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 3:57 PM

Doublemochaman:

Gotta love a girl who knows how to appreciate a cigar.  (Was it your wedding?)

I'm a chick...I love men...but no...single and VERY picky

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 4:18 PM

May I just say one word in response....  "Out-freakin'-standing"

You are truly one of a kind, SP...

"If I cannot smoke cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." -- Mark Twain

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 11:42 PM

Being someone who has long enjoyed a good smoke but is now limited to the odd Cafe Creme (Blue, naturally), I felt compelled to express my appreciation of this post.

SP, you are a woman of rare character, and apart from Kate Bush, are the only woman who could compete with my dear wife for my affections.

However, if she (my wife that is) ever finds out I wrote this I'm a dead man, so let's keep it to ourselves.

Keep running up that hill!

Sean

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 1:59 AM

sorry but kissing a chick that smokes stogies would not be pleasing but you go girl  

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 6:31 AM

But a woman will kiss us after we've smoked a cigar.  What's the difference?

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 8:43 AM

SweetiePie:

I attended a wedding on Saturday and at the reception, next to the bar, was a gentleman making hand rolled cigars for all takers. I received two. A nice robusto along with a very fine looking churchill. I played today at my club and fired up the churchill...what a dandy! Lasted 17 holes. I played #18 without it, 3 jiggled, for a double bogey, for an 81, but it was a fine cigar. 

The local tobacco shop had one of the premier cigar makers in for a promotion. I quit smoking 5 years ago but I went (I still love the smell of that shop) and picked up a few as gifts for some friends.

He had a wide selection of tobaccos with him and asked several questions before choosing which leaves to roll.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 9:55 AM

rockinroland:

sorry but kissing a chick that smokes stogies would not be pleasing but you go girl  

You're assuming that 'chick' would let you near enough to kiss her... LOL!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 10:00 AM

SweetiePie:
    ...single and VERY picky

Agreed. Finding a spouse is like buying a car. You bought the Mercedes, but really wanted the Porsche.

RSS