Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Legends, tournament update

Mon, Jan 16 2023 4:47 PM (106 replies)
  • NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 3:09 AM

PeterB19:

played the open on tournies Royal St George i shot -6 thought was decent looked at leader board top ones went round in 51 thats 20 under from 18 holes got to be cheating

Actually, people are that good. They invested a lot of time on their game, knowing their equipment and distances. With hard work and a little talent for the game, its possible. 
    If you are curious about how the best are playing, check out the various e-tour tournaments online. Those guys are good.

Look at it as an inspiration to keep grinding. There are also some good instructional videos on youtube, made by those guys. Young46 is perhaps the most active player sharing his knowledge. 

Good luck!

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:47 PM

NrEighteen:

Actually, people are that good. They invested a lot of time on their game, knowing their equipment and distances. With hard work and a little talent for the game, its possible. 
    If you are curious about how the best are playing, check out the various e-tour tournaments online. Those guys are good.

Look at it as an inspiration to keep grinding. There are also some good instructional videos on youtube, made by those guys. Young46 is perhaps the most active player sharing his knowledge. 

Good luck!

+1

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 12:39 PM

I have a question in general..... When I play a R-go tourney and shoot the same score as a Champion who is in 1st place in the tourney, I always seem to be under the champ.  It says I am in 1st place and tied with him but I will collect less than him in the payout.  Shouldn't a TL be rewarded by the larger payout when they put in a good enough game to tie a Champion or Tour Champion?

Tim

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 12:46 PM
    L127 / Tour Legend / 59.32
    LEADERBOARD
    kgmaster1242 The Peoples Club 113
    29 2
    Bushbeater4 9- IRON 127

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2020 3:26 PM

Bushbeater4:

I have a question in general..... When I play a R-go tourney and shoot the same score as a Champion who is in 1st place in the tourney, I always seem to be under the champ.  It says I am in 1st place and tied with him but I will collect less than him in the payout.  Shouldn't a TL be rewarded by the larger payout when they put in a good enough game to tie a Champion or Tour Champion?

https://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#rgpayout

See the section labelled:  How are ties handled in tournaments?

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 3:09 PM

Thanks Sam, I really should have known that without asking....

Tim

• billy26201
    38 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2020 3:26 AM

to me using a calculator is cheating , atleast to myself , i play alotta stroke by myself because im tired of waiting 90 secs a shot on other players using there calculator

• billy26201
    38 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2020 3:26 AM

to me using a calculator is cheating , atleast to myself , i play alotta stroke by myself because im tired of waiting 90 secs a shot on other players using there calculator

• VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:46 AM

Once again there are tools they use, there are way to get into wgt and calm wind down, There not as good as you think, there are wind calculators. a 17 mph wind for them is the same as for me, or should be but yet they seems to be shooting 15 over. somethings wrong somewhere. 

Vic 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 11:19 AM

VanMeerV:
    Once again there are tools they use

your post and your username - reminded me of a movie called "Tim's Vermeer" and I felt parallels to WGT could be made in the sense...

either way, it takes time, work and effort ... and Tim's Vermeer is an interesting look at how a tech savvy enthusiast managed to reverse engineer and paint a Vermeer!  tedious none the less but it was still impressive!

RSS