Forums

Help › Forums

Will Tiger take Sweetiepie's advise ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 15 2010 10:03 AM (21 replies)
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 5:35 AM

Never quite understood why a pro golfer needs someone else to show them how to swing a golf club. You'd think that they would have it figured out after playing most of their lives.

I'm just sayin'..

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 3:54 PM

lvietri:

Regarding leaving Haney .... I have it from a good source that Tiger is now deciding whether to hook up with Angelina Jolie or Pam from "The Office".   

Easy choice there...... PAM

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 4:16 PM

LOL .. not hardly ...    Tiger would take Angie over Pam any day.  PAM is something you spray on a pan so your eggs don't stick.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 5:48 PM

Wow.. have you actually ~seen~ Pammie these days.... 

• sohm360
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 3:36 PM

true

reply to:

NormH3:

Never quite understood why a pro golfer needs someone else to show them how to swing a golf club. You'd think that they would have it figured out after playing most of their lives.

I'm just sayin'..

• MacDermot25
    25 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 8:30 PM

NormH3:

I'm just sayin'..

just like in any other sport coaches are needed when bad habits arise and need to be fixed. No matter how experienced you are at something having another pair of eyes viewing your movement is the best way to get back on track.

I come from a professional background in sport (polevault) which is also very technical like golf so i can understand why Tiger/ all pro golfers get coaching as this provides solutions to errors in technique and gives confidence to the athlete when the error has been solved.

Bad habits usually arise in technique when you are low in confidence, been out of competition for a while, lack of training and lack of coaching. I understand Tiger has a great technique, but it would not have always been great, it would have taken many years of coaching to get there.

I hope Tiger finds the right coach because chopping and changing coaches can be very detrimental to getting back on track.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 1:39 PM

MacDermot25:
    just like in any other sport coaches are needed when bad habits arise and need to be fixed. No matter how experienced you are at something having another pair of eyes viewing your movement is the best way to get back on track.

Agreed.. hell, even Albert Pujols has a hitting coach.  Albeit a slightly tarnished one.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 9:32 AM

Fox news is reporting that Tiger will use the aid of videos to help maintain his swing pattern for the upcoming tournament, which he will attend.

They went on to say, Tiger isn't looking to hire anymore swing coaches.

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 10:08 AM

Snaike:

MacDermot25:

Agreed.. hell, even Albert Pujols has a hitting coach.  Albeit a slightly tarnished one.

dont you miss the good old days of baseball when guys hit 500 foot homers and it was exciting?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:04 AM

ShaunMcClarty:
    dont you miss the good old days of baseball when guys hit 500 foot homers and it was exciting?
    Actually.. no.

I have not spent 1¢ on any professional baseball team since 1994.

Yes, I can hold a grudge and these greedy b*st*rds ruined it.  Cancelling the World Series because the millionaires are mad at the billionaires really just burnt my toast.

So, I cancelled my monetary contributions to their sport for the remainder of my lifetime.  I know that my few pennies wouldn't buy Joe Mauer a shoelace,  but some of us still have our convictions and principles.

Steroids are just a bonus.

RSS