Forums

Help › Forums

Tourney

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 10 2009 3:30 PM (6 replies)
  • jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 9:41 PM

I entered a tourn tonight and tried to play. I was -2 thru 4 and all of a sudden the power bar started hanging up and dragging. I finally withdrew on 9 before finishing. How do you expect for folks to compete when this stuff happens? I know it is not my computer and every couple of days this seems to go on to some extent...is it because it is Friday night and the server is slowing down because of high usage? I am not going to enter again until something is resolved.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 5:09 PM

Hi jbowles, before you start a tournament, try closing and reopening your browser. It's possible that this happens every few days because your browser gets bogged down from not being restarted.

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 7:07 PM

I power off my computer every night when I go to bed and the next morning I run Superantispyware and then clear out all temp internet files, cookies, etc. and then log onto the internet.

I cleared out everything and logged on to play a practice round and it started doing it again just now

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 9:56 AM

We don't recommend that you clear your temp internet files every day. The game depends on caching certain large files, and clearing them every day causes you to have to download them every day. Usually closing and reopening your browser is sufficient. Please check out this post about optimizing your system: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 12:10 AM

alex hi    i entered march international open  and won an award of diamond i finished in the top ten    but the credits wernt credited to my account             just like week 14, a weekly tournament. i placed, but no credits    why   ??????

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 12:15 AM

International Opens have no purse unfortunately.  They are just there so some of the other countries can get in on the tournament action too.

• goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2009 3:30 PM

thx  but i made a mistake it is the march stroke play  tourny  it cost me 500 credits to play    but i see the problem    i finished in the top ten    but my time stamp says i played on 4-01-09  just after midnight here on the east coast  but in san fran where the wgt home office is  it was still a few hours b4 the month change  but it was still available to me   no credits  but a diamond award   thx nivs

RSS