Forums

Help › Forums

Bali Hai Hole #8 Skills Challenge

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 21 2009 4:33 AM (3 replies)
  • leftygolfpro
    10 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 11:59 AM

I have yet to hit the green on hole #8. Am I the only one?

• Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 4:20 PM

By no means. The closest I've come is 58 feet, sitting on the fringe. I've tried keeping the ball in the air longer and try to let the wind carry it further; I've tried maximum topspin and try to roll it on (successful in the old system); and I've tried in between. I'm too stubborn to ask the deities of WGT for advice on how they reach that green, trying instead to figure it out myself, as they have, and as they suggest. The approach to that green is uphill, and the lower (to the right, closest to the front sand trap) the aim the worse results because of the rough surrounding the trap. Keep stroking; there's a solution in there somewhere!

• leftygolfpro
    10 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 4:40 PM

I enjoy the challenge and hope to hit the green some day!

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2009 4:33 AM

With the updated clubs, I don't think there is a solution to that hole (or #3 for that matter).  The distance control since the update is a lot more precise (less unknown variance), the ball seems to take a higher trajectory (softer landing), and the wind effect has been reduced considerably (almost non-existent under 5 mph)... all of these combined (and probably more factors) took away the ability to reach the greens on these two holes.

It looks like WGT is aware of this and are looking into it...

RSS