Forums

Help › Forums

Wnd or No Wind

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 26 2009 10:04 AM (7 replies)
  • jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 11:48 PM

I have been trying to play practice rounds and the wind indicator is showing there is wind and somtimes it is blowing side ways, but the MPH is showing "0" on every shot on every hole.

Has this been happening to anyone else? It is hard to practice when you cannot determine what the effect of the wind will be.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 4:12 AM

There's never been wind in practice mode. Besides in full play mode the wind is all but gone, even though it's there. They have said that the stronger the wind the more effect but honestly I have my doubts about that.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2009 5:08 PM

It is happening to me today.  It is annoying, however I am having enough trouble putting today.

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2009 1:34 PM

After I log in there is a practice button on the right side of the page. If I click that, I get 9 holes of practice practice with wind. If I click play on the left side, select course, chose Kiawah, and select practice, I get no wind. Also I get to choose 3,6,or 9holes. Hope this helps.

Nhlett

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 3:30 PM

Everything I said last night was true- Last night. Today every thing has changed. What I suggested now puts you on what I think are the amatuer tees and the winds are wild.

But hey, we now have new things to explore :-)

Nhlett

• BiRdyKiNg
    30 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2009 9:30 PM

I dunno...i played the back 9 for first time tonight...posted 33 first time i played.  After playing the raound it doesn't seem like wind has much effect at all to be honest.  The winds seems to have picked up...up to 12 mph...but i got to point of not adjusting at end of round.

• SWJR88
    9 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2009 6:34 AM

I have to agree the wind isnt affecting much but it seems like i have no control on spin anymore. When i try to put backspin on the ball to try and stop it it just continues to roll another couple yards and i dont understand because before the spin was great.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2009 10:04 AM

Hi SWJR88, we sped up the greens to match more closely to the real course, so that might explain why your backspin doesn't have as much effect as before.

RSS