• PAGES
  • rayleeloop
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 8:19 PM

Right now I am  a 68.92  What do I need to become Master

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 10:32 PM

WGT hasn't specified the average it takes to become master, as it always changes, but a good rule of thumb is sub-66. Just remember to play all your rounds and you will make it to master tier when the time is right!

Rehill

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 11:22 PM

I agree with rehill...

once you become master the putting is much harder and you hit from further tees. I'm just beginning to get the feel for it myself...

They bumped me up at 65.74.  But apparently there are underlying conditions that facilitate the transition. I don't know what those are.

Sometimes I miss the good old days when I could stick it within a yard or two of the hole. Nowadays I seem to be happy to make par. lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 11:31 PM

In truth, more game. Becoming a Master is not related to playing as one. Take it easy. Become the best Pro of Pros first.

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 12:05 AM

take your time 

by the looks of the winners board its all pros and amateurs........

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 12:06 AM

All you gotta do is keep posting those scorecards are wait til your "real average" (average acquired by posting all scorecards) is Master-esque, around 65-66. 

Good luck and have fun! :)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 12:55 AM

Even if dropped rounds are not saved or recorded as far as the player's interface is concerned, one would imagine that at WGT centrally everything is somehow retained, and thus they could figure players' actions with respect to dropped rounds into any algorithm used for promotion to the Master tier. This could cut both ways - folks eager to make Master who drop high rounds (when they have a 1-foot putt left to hole out on the 18th green), or sandbaggers who post artificially high numbers to stay at the Pro tier.

As in real life, a gentleman takes pride in his handicap, but scoundrels abound.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. 

• starriser51
    153 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 3:25 AM

IT'S A GAME WE PLAY FOR FUN, I AM HOME BOUND (U DON'T CARE) BUT JUST A GAME, U CAN PLAY BY YOUR SELF POST ANY SCORE, AND SWEET EACH HOLE, BUT JUST A GAME, DROOPED GAME IN A GROUP NOT GOOD I AGREE, BUT I PAY MY $ AND PLAY MY WAY.

zagraniczniak , THIS IS NOT AT U I AM MASTER AND FOR MANY REASONS I HAVE TO LEAVE A GAME, IF I POST A 7 UNDER OR A 7 OVER, SO BE IT.  I BECAME A MASTER FOR THE CLUBS AT ST ANDREWS, ANY OTHER REASON, I DO NOT KNOW.  THIS IS IN CAPS STUCK KEY, LOL. WILL FIX IT AFTER THIS. 

• joeylobber
    6 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2022 6:40 PM

Don't become a master the yardage gets longer 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2022 10:24 AM

joeylobber:

Don't become a master the yardage gets longer 

12 years - 6 months - 9 days I have been waiting for an answer, and this is all I get?

Be Patient GIFs | Tenor

• PAGES
RSS