Help › Forums

waaahhhhhhh!!! i want my mommy!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 22 2010 11:16 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BigRichardSmoker
    5 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 9:34 AM

tiger woods.  what a crybaby.  lets see. 7th hole on sunday.   not on the leaderboard.  playing like crap.  not the center of attention.  hmmm.  if i fake an injury i can quit now and not have to continue this pointless round. think i just felt something pop in my neck.   better err on the safe side.  jeeves, start the limo.   if i'm not gonna win and i'm not constantly on tv i'm don't want to play anymore and i'm taking my ball and going home.  waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

3 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 11:09 AM

must say I agree with you on the attention!!  And as he ALWAYS does, he still dominate the airways.  Why doesn't  ESPN and Golf Channel focus some of their air time on the players who are in the hunt..am sick of hearing about poor Tiger!..Take a year off Tiger, most of us would appreciate it !!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 8:31 PM

BigRichardSmoker:

tiger woods.  what a crybaby.  lets see. 7th hole on sunday.   not on the leaderboard.  playing like crap.  not the center of attention.  hmmm.  if i fake an injury i can quit now and not have to continue this pointless round. think i just felt something pop in my neck.   better err on the safe side.  jeeves, start the limo.   if i'm not gonna win and i'm not constantly on tv i'm don't want to play anymore and i'm taking my ball and going home.  waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I don't know Tiger Wood personally, but I would have to assume that his mind may not be 100% on golf like it has been previously.   Yes he does want to win all the time, who doesn't, but I am sure he realizes that it is not possible.  

But with that said, an athlete of that nature, with his competitive spirit, probably (total speculation), would not withdraw from a tournament without cause especially with his #1 ranking at risk.   And you said it yourself "better err on the safe side." he cares about the majors only and that would be the upcoming US Open!  

You may hate Tiger for what he did off the course, but try to see what he has done on the course as something "you" may never see again in "your" lifetime.  

**disclaimer**

I do not approve of his "off" course antics

Cheers

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 6:13 AM

and whatever u do, dont heckle him....or you`ll get 50.000 volts up ya fanny!

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 9:40 AM

b0geybuster:

Obviously I don't know Tiger Wood personally, but I would have to assume that his mind may not be 100% on golf like it has been previously.

i am pretty sure with a wife and 30 girlfriends his mind hasnt been 100% on golf in a LONG time lol

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 12:11 PM

Not a true Tiger fan like many others, I enjoy when he is in the mix on Sunday, its exciting to watch, but I also dont approve of his off course antics.

That being said, Tiger has no control over what the media focus on.  Welcome to the tabloid media, Total Access and TMZ, this is what the majority of people tune in for, the scandal.  Add to that mentality the most talented golfer of our time (maybe anyones) and you get a lot of Tiger watchers, and the media will of course tune in on it, their jobs are to get viewers to watch their advertisements to bring in more advertising money, thats it. 

That also being said, ask anyone on tour, their wallets are all larger thanks to Tiger.  So the guys barely making the cut, are millionaires thanks to him.  There is more golf coverage thanks to him, and there is much more money thanks to him. 

So in conclusion, hate the guy for his morals, hate the guy because normally he is that much better, but dont hate somebody for the attention that is brought to him by others.  The guy never talks politics, and never tries to be the guy in front of the camera, he kept his personal life personal (for obvious reasons we know) and he never invites people in to his life, the media took all the liberty there.  If the guy has a bulging disk, doesn't want to finish, then he has the right to.  You can say he was seeking attention by doing so, but I could also see it as he felt like crap, as not in contention and decided to step aside.  And thank god he did, because we got to see others play the rest of the day. 

• BigRichardSmoker
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 4:42 PM

neildiamond11790:

Not a true Tiger fan like many others, I enjoy when he is in the mix on Sunday, its exciting to watch, but I also dont approve of his off course antics.

That being said, Tiger has no control over what the media focus on.  Welcome to the tabloid media, Total Access and TMZ, this is what the majority of people tune in for, the scandal.  Add to that mentality the most talented golfer of our time (maybe anyones) and you get a lot of Tiger watchers, and the media will of course tune in on it, their jobs are to get viewers to watch their advertisements to bring in more advertising money, thats it. 

That also being said, ask anyone on tour, their wallets are all larger thanks to Tiger.  So the guys barely making the cut, are millionaires thanks to him.  There is more golf coverage thanks to him, and there is much more money thanks to him. 

So in conclusion, hate the guy for his morals, hate the guy because normally he is that much better, but dont hate somebody for the attention that is brought to him by others.  The guy never talks politics, and never tries to be the guy in front of the camera, he kept his personal life personal (for obvious reasons we know) and he never invites people in to his life, the media took all the liberty there.  If the guy has a bulging disk, doesn't want to finish, then he has the right to.  You can say he was seeking attention by doing so, but I could also see it as he felt like crap, as not in contention and decided to step aside.  And thank god he did, because we got to see others play the rest of the day. 

you hit it on the head with your last comment.  because every shot he takes is televised regardless of whether he's 15 strokes off the pace or the leader.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 9:46 PM

BigRichardSmoker:

you hit it on the head with your last comment.  because every shot he takes is televised regardless of whether he's 15 strokes off the pace or the leader.

That's not true at all.

in the recent TPC (most of all four rounds I watched on the golf channel and local network) there was very little coverage of Eldrick. Simply for the fact that he teed off early and media coverage started much later.

People are always making excuses for Tiger. It gets old. He's lost his mental edge. That was his meal ticket. He'll likely get it back eventually.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 1:40 PM

smason, I dont buy into this mental edge thing with golf.  It is a very mental game, but unless I am playing with the guy, or playing against him in match play what affect does he have on other players really?  Some will admit to it saying they are playing for 2nd place is the usual comment, but who cares, 2nd place is still making millions upon millions a year.  The guy is or was just better than most players 43% of the time that he teed the ball up.

Smason, you kind of proved your point why there was little coverage of him, he played before the coverage began.  It wasn't because he was so off the pace.  If he was 10 strokes back, playing a Friday in the afternoon they would be following him non-stop to see if he makes a charge, or the cut.  Nobody is covered more than him, but that is not is fault.  All other things in his life are his fault, but televised coverage is not.

• LinksMcCracken
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 2:39 PM

Think he has a bunch of young fans and needs to get his head straight, be strong and continue to play at the level we all expect -- ...never been a fan but like the awareness he's brought to the game

• PAGES
RSS