Help › Forums

The "Beast" in putting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 16 2009 8:28 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 4:40 PM

The variance, popularly known as the 'Beast', may be a necessity for the control of aptitude toward sucess but I strongly wish for a show of hands from those who agree with the Beast being taken out of the putting.

The presence of the Beast is disturbing and demoralizing. ADMINISTRATION: plz take it out of putting, it's killing me.

Thnx for the great game, and plz keep this in mind for the good of the game.

• GregRycerz
    14 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 7:00 PM

Plz explain what "beast" is?

/n00b

• TrickMilton
    27 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 7:32 PM

Maybe it's just me but I don't see much variance in putting anymore ... unless, of course, you don't hit perfect, and even then it's pretty minimal.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 8:07 PM

I definitely still see the variance in putting. It's most noticable to me on putts in the 5-10 foot range. I just had one tonight that was 6 1/2 feet, green showed slight right-to-left break, so I lined up on the right side of the cup (in the cup) and missed right of the cup. Should never happen with the slope of the green.

However, longer putts and shorter putts don't seem to be as affected by the "beast" as you call it. At least not for me.

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 11:21 AM

Yes I believe it would be better to "strengthen" the course by widening the punishment margin on the meter(as it is :-p) but take it out of the putter. "Drive for show, putt for dough" (thnx T)

• goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 11:48 AM

the beast    must die

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 1:59 PM

Yeah, I've had a lot of 'stolen' 6 foot putts that were aim & struck perfectly that magically missed the hole entirely.  Frustrating indeed.  What else can I do but hit it straight WGT?

• mwb5010
    33 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 3:21 PM

This golf course is insanely easy.  When we start playing more difficult courses (if that ever happens) the scores will go up in turn.  So dont start making it too hard, Pinehurst would have all of its holes on the same difficulty level as #4.  But yeah ive only seen extreme hacks mishit shots with their putters.  The greens are tough enough, this isnt necessary,

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2009 3:29 PM

To GregRycerz: Beast=something formidably difficult to control or deal with

(i think that it may be cr'ed so dnt repeat that).

• tinman8543
    5 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 10:10 AM

Not understanding what the beast is?  The game of golf will never be concoured. It' s all about the challenges we have in front of us and how we overcome them.   Nothings perfect, nor will it ever be!!

"There is no such thing as luck.  Luck is only when prepardness meets opportunity."

• PAGES
RSS