Help › Forums

New Driver

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2009 12:57 PM (4 replies)
  • Giesta
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 7:34 PM

Anyone who can help,

I finally decided to buy a new driver at the pro shop, I figured it would help me gain some distance on the par 5's. However, now I notice that they have placed me on the tee's that are further back. To me it seems like it defeats the purpose of trying to gain distance with the purchase of a new driver. Nothings really changed. Why have I been Moved??

Is it because of the purchase of a new driver or it it something else??

Thanks

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 8:48 PM

Once your scoring average drops below 69.18 you're automatically promoted to Amateur status.  It was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time you bought the driver.

• TrickMilton
    27 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 8:53 PM

Your last round of 34 brought your average below 69 which permanently promoted you from hack to Amateur. As an Amateur, you are going to have to get used to playing from the longer tees because there is no going back, but don't fret, you got a new driver which will help you manage the new distances a little better. Good luck and, with practice, the scores will come.

... after posting I find out that you beat my response by about 5 min Nivlac ... guess I need to focus and type a little faster : )

• Giesta
    7 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 7:54 AM

Thanks for your help. back to the drawing board

• mrbrew33
    5 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:57 PM

i just bought the new ping driver, but when i went to play, it was not in my bag.  how long does it take befor its in my bag and i can use it?

RSS