Forums

Help › Forums

Putts are not counted as a hit to the ball

Wed, Jul 18 2012 7:38 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • semos
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:04 PM

According the FAQ:  putts are not counted as a hit to the ball, but  I have noticed that account in Nation Putting Challenge.

This is not possible to observe in a normal game because usually only hit two or three putts.

Someone can tell me if you have or just in this CTTH?

Thank you...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:57 PM

hi

yes, we are aware of it and will fix asap.

I think this new mode is what caused this issue...since it counts it as a cttp not putting.

-wgticon

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 2:33 PM

Will I get my 5 nikes that I have used so far. This thing is addicting. Great Game!

• semos
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:08 PM

hahaha

ty for fast answer WGT

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 7:22 PM

lonnieskinner:

Will I get my 5 nikes that I have used so far. This thing is addicting. Great Game!

lol that's a lot of restarts... how is your  potential best?

• pSuds
    138 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:28 AM

Nike balls seem to be counting putts at all times. Blowing through balls like crazy now.

Fix and compensate asap please!

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 9:59 AM

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 5:18 AM

WGTicon:

hi

yes, we are aware of it and will fix asap.

I think this new mode is what caused this issue...since it counts it as a cttp not putting.

-wgticon

Yessss, hmmmm......now what about all the other modes? Have WGT been robbing us there too?

I have had debates with CC members regarding this issue of Putts not being counted against durability, and have lost the debate because some have actually counted how many strikes they have on a ball before it is taken by WGT and that includes putts.

My stats show that I have had 19350 putts. If a Yike ball lasts 200 strokes or a Ballaway 170 ish, and WGT balls last 125 stokes on average, very simply, averaging that all  out to 165, optimistically, WGT owes me 117 balls. taking the lowest  stoke rate of say, 125, WGT owes me 50+ sleeves.

Even if we halved the number of putts because I used freebie ball and other WGT balls at 10c a sleeve up to 150c per sleeve, I still figure I have been robbed of 65 balls, some 21 sleeves, average price 200c, 4200c spirited away from me

Would WGT please deposit 39 sleeves of Yikes in my inventory and round it up to 50 as a gesture of  goodwill

Thank you

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:34 AM

Calm down mate!

IMO it's in fact only the Nation putting CTTH which takes ball life from putting.

I came across an old table about ball costs and it says 120 strokes for the good balls, from 90 for the cheap ones, excluding putts!

These days someone has counted the strokes and he also arrived at 120, excluding putts.

So, nothing has changed in normal play, it's only that us coveted Nation members have to pay a "fee" of nine strokes for this exclusive tourney until WGT will eventually fix it.

(calculating...)

Wow, with 1.25 cr per stroke (Nikes @450/sleeve) it's more than 11 US-Cents for one game - < 2 Cents with the SDs (110 strokes).

We better change to Starters!

FWIW: Same costs for a regular CTTH, plus the balls lost in water.

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 6:54 AM

alosso:
    We better change to Starters!

done...the way the deviation work, it'll make no diffrence to my game to play starters and I'll save a boat-load of money.....no more will I pay for balls. I think it's worth a price NOT paying

• PAGES
RSS