Forums

Help › Forums

NATION only Putting Challenge

Tue, Jun 27 2023 3:55 PM (391 replies)
  • jamie1941
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:10 AM

it,s  by invitation..only  WGT will send  you an email when their  ready.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:58 AM

Skippy,

The Legend tier will become more user friendly as you get closer to your 500 required rounds if you have the staying power to get there...  I do think the game is different than a few months back.   I have no idea what they want to accomplish by doing this,  why would you punish the golfers that spend money to get back at a few sandbaggers that don't spend a dime.  Oh well hang in there and things will change for the better at Legend.

SkippyKiwi:

Bottom line, if you're not spending copious amounts of loot on WGT, your game will see more inconsistencies. From Tour Master to Legend my game went from a 61 average(which is obviously calculated by some ridiulous means), to a now infuriating...70+ regardless of what I try. I most certainly am not spending any more coin, I have spent enough already!!

Granted I'm playing off different tees, but suddenly my ball spins back 5-6yards(no spin applied), winds dont behave like they have in previous tiers, putts are a joke etc etc....

Its clear they want us to consistently buy new gear from the pro-shop to keep their pockets full. 650c for a sleeve of imaginery balls?? The proof is in the pudding, if you want value for your money....buy a real set of clubs and get out on the course. It'll be less frustrating and proibably cheaper in the long run. If you're hopeless at the real game like I am, what you spend here to play a decent game from amateur to Legend will afford you a PS3/X-Box and a lot more stability in code for all skilled games.

WGT, sadly, has an unquenchable thirst. Don't expect it to change...once that bug bites its all downhill.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 10:25 AM

Well I just play the most ridiculous game of 9 holes on Kiawah where obviously the VEM was right with me all the way. Shots to green FAR exceeded the normal distance with 12 cross wind. Putts on "very fast" greens were an understatement. I found I had to hit the distance sometimes on level surface and on downhill the ball never made it to the hole for birdy. It was either short or to long. Inconsistences were every where. The most ridiculous excuse for a virtual beta golf system. You guys have really ruined this game. I t would be nice to come online and play the game the way you learned before the inconsistances. Now you tell us to practice and buy better  balls and clubs and our game won't have these problems. So that tells me all you want to do is mess up someones game until they buy somethings and then you will take the VEM off them. There ought to be a law against manipulating a persons game until they spend money to buy more stuff. Sounds like manipulation for capital gains or something. Maybe a lawyer  who sees this can take it and do something. It's gotten way out of hand. I f I were a beta tester for computer games and was asked to evaluate this game, i would have to say don't even let new people get hooked on this until the "kinks" are worked out. I'll be playing real golf tomorrow where I control the shots.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:56 PM

Just face the facts, Pipeman, you suck big time at this game. I have offered to play with you, but you trudge on bad round after bad round, stats that are more akin to a beginner and blame the game for your OWN incompentence. Certainly better clubs help the consistency but you seem to blame anyone and everything bar yourself, time and time again. I have never seen a "Master" with a score history like you and I say that in the nicest possible way.

If I were you I would just crawl into a hole and keep your views to yourself, as you have zero credibility left. I personaly cringe with embarassment for you whenever I see your name in the forums now, how sad is that.

• littelwebber
    30 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2013 9:35 AM

THE NEW US OPEN GAME IS CRAP.

• WRGEORGE
    49 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:52 PM

hey thismaybe an emergency,anyboy from wgt here now

• WRGEORGE
    49 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:54 PM

we may have a medical emergency now, anybody from wgt here

• nunommmartins
    33 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 6:26 AM

IT HAS ENDED

• kensabre10
    2,859 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 7:56 AM

he's right! the game is deteriorating. face it. not complaints, but valid observations. alanti, maybe its you that have an agenda against this pie guy, but all he said is true. even gets discussed in my, c.c. so maybe you aughta apologize to him??

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 3:29 PM

I laid off the game for 3 months and my wife started on the 28th of June as a new player. She plays real golf as i do so it was a matter of learning the skills of the courses. She watched all the tutorial videos on every aspect of the game. She went from a Hack to Tour Pro in less then a month because she had the best equipment and every shot that went a little right of the ding still went the right direction.Forgiveness was a real charm for her to progress so fast.  Now more recently she had remarked to me that the balls seems to be inconsistent to the conditions and putting green speeds were way off normal. I told her thats just WGT turning on the VEM on you so you don't progress to fast but it aggrevated  her so much she closed the account today. I want to know what happens with the R11 Driver and 3 wood and cleveland wedges and Rocketblades iron set she had. I requested that be sent to me but I haven't heard anything from WGT yet.  I have loved this game and hated in the same hour.I realize it has to be a challenge and I enjoy a good challenge when i know if i try real hard I can achieve it. They say practice the courses and you will learn but I've found them to change almost daily the physics of the game.so how do you ever learn something thats constantly changing. True gold, no not here, used to be though but not now.

RSS