Forums

Help › Forums

Rory McIlroy

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 6 2010 6:47 PM (8 replies)
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 5:12 AM

This kid is going to be someone to watch!

Set the all time course record at Quail Hollow @ age 20!

An outstanding achievement!

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:40 AM

It was great to see Rory produce the game that many people this side of the Atlantic know he is capable of.  Its been hard seeing him fail to make the cut.

Maybe it was the relief from the pressure of trying to make the cut that inspired him.  A good round of 66 on Saturday which got him up the leader board.  Then Sunday a truly amazing 62. What a finish!  Drained a 50' birdie putt to better the course record by 2 and win the tournament by 4 shots.  

Outstanding!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 3:04 PM

iwb1:

It was great to see Rory produce the game that many people this side of the Atlantic know he is capable of.  Its been hard seeing him fail to make the cut.

Maybe it was the relief from the pressure of trying to make the cut that inspired him.  A good round of 66 on Saturday which got him up the leader board.  Then Sunday a truly amazing 62. What a finish!  Drained a 50' birdie putt to better the course record by 2 and win the tournament by 4 shots.  

Outstanding!

Yes! And the timing could not, in any way, be improved upon.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 9:35 PM

Lights out. He almost sank a long bird on 17, too. I was just hoping he'd 2-putt for par on 18 and break the course record. When he sank it, my OMG had wifey running in from the other room to find out what was wrong, lol.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 10:27 AM

ThreeSpot:

When he sank it, my OMG had wifey running in from the other room to find out what was wrong, lol.

LMAO.......I scared the crap out of my kids I yelled so loud.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 12:00 PM

LOL...  Rory McIlroy and Ryo Ishikawa...  And all the young ladies shooting mid 60s on the LPGA (Can't remember their names off the top of my head)

The future of golf, my friends, is in very good hands.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 7:02 PM

1st saw Rory at the open when he won the top amateur fantastic player and give him a couple more years he's gonna be pushing for world no1

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 8:08 PM

Only one thing can slow that kid down now.......

the ladies

and for his sake i hope they do :)

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 6:47 PM

He ended up +1 today. Unfortunate.. but it's just the first round. I'd like to see him go on to win a Major some time soon.

Tiger had a -3 going into the 18th hole... but bogeyed it and ended up with a -2.

Phil had an up and down day with a couple bogeys and pars.. also at -2 F.

It looks like the projected cut is going to be pretty stringent. I'm guessing E.

We shall see..

RSS