Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Tournament.

Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:16 AM (93 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 3:40 PM

Folks will eventually tire & get bored with it Jim. I'm already seeing more and more players either playing less or calling it a day.

Without people paying & playing, this game is toast. I've seen so many great sites die through the  greed factor. Folks become to clever to con eventually and always end up falling away.... the site traffic dies.....then the site itself it worth 2 balloons and a whistle.

Sometimes you just got to cut down on the greed factor (unlimited ball cruncher tourneys) and listen to your bread & butter (i.e the paying customers) and give them a little more of what they want.....or else  you'll be able to host this site on a budget $5 a month unlimited plan with HostMonster lol....cause the traffic will have died out.

Hopefully WGT will REALLY START listening (HELLO) to it's paying punters. No paying punters....no game......period.

tbe

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:21 PM

55 high winds Cong!! That is signed! Sealed ! and delivered! Awesome shooting Bucky.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:53 PM

LMAO. Nothing like proving the point.  How many balls/ tries?

• Buckthebuck
    572 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:59 PM

Thanks Tess :-). I do think there will be a 54 coming at some point though we shall see. For me it wasn't too much of a "grind" parred 1 or 2 quite a few times and restarted. Took 2 or 2 /2 hours  and 3 balls maybe? wasn't keeping track of balls so not sure. Wasn't too bad just had some good music on made time go quickly.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:05 PM

[sigh]   Carry on. Get the 54...........

• Buckthebuck
    572 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:08 PM

YankeeJim:

[sigh]   Carry on. Get the 54...........

Not from me....from one of the "grinders" :)

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:15 PM

I'm sure a 54 will be had.... no doubt

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 6:12 PM

WigerToods2010:

CerinoDevoti:

The guy who won the Virtual Open only had 1 chance each round and he shot 57 twice on Olympic without restarts. I'm not so sure there's players playing this Tourney over and over to get the low scores. IMO... there's players that are just that good. No need to play it over and over again.

1 guy in over 5 million - your point is caller?

Compare the 57 scored in one off mode to the qualifiers - barely would have been good enough to even get through to the final rounds if I remember.

Stonecold deserves every plaudit for the very reason you mention, done it in style, when it mattered, great scoring.... that had me glued to the leader board - all you've really done is add weight to the single play arguement.

Point is the very best win regardless of single play or unlimited. Single play isn't going to elevate any us not in the top .01%.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:56 PM

Have a quick read at this WGT

Sample quote from it....

You have the best chance of selling more if you’re giving customers what they want.

Unfortunately, this commercial reality is too often overlooked by firms who are keen to sell what they think their customers want.

ring any bells?

tbe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 8:59 PM

Mercy...

Yes 3 balls to post a sore is a grind.

Enjoy it!

I'm satisfied to be a one shot no show!

RSS