Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Congressional Tournament.

Wed, Jul 4 2012 8:16 AM (93 replies)
  • Penners
    1,707 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 8:58 AM

I agree with everyone else in this thread, I too was disappointed to see the tournament was unlimited play. Agree for some competitions it's fine, but not for a tournament like this that offers decent prizes and is part of a subsitute for The Open.

Also feel like tbe an opportunity for some sort of Summer Tour has been missed... although there is still time for WGT to sort something out in that regard (or change to single-play tournament for the remainder at least).

I have limited time to play this over the weekend; I have entered and will give it a go, but I won't be restarted many (if any) times, so I'll pray for a miracle first attempt!

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 9:52 AM

A 4 round tournaments like the "Tiered nation virtual open #3" was a better option.

One round per day, during the congressional real life tournament... AWESOME :D

but no, I signed in, and I think I will pass because I don't want to expend all weekend trying to make a 51... and also Im pretty sure I cant make a 51 there lol.

The 4 round tournament we had on the Olympic was full of good comments, why not taking that into consideration?

cheers.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:04 AM

have to say i agree with most on here, WGT have misse out on a chance to really ignite us golfers with the tourney, four rounds with cut after 2 rounds would have got us all buzzing, now instead im just plyn this course and restarting after 3 holes if i feel not up for it, in single play if your not up for it you have to crack on and push thru with it.

4 rounds would have given the chance to have  so so round and still be able to maybe score good with another round to come till the cut.

to be honest in single play i normaly play bttr because the round is on the line and cant be restarted, sometimes in unlimited play ill just experiment or restart and dont always put everything  into the round, 

cmon WGT  gives us the 4 rounds next time

best regards

ladzrls

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:14 AM

piztaker:

I see there's a level 70 player winning the Pro Tier. lol

lol. That person is also winning the June Pro 500cr Tourney. Shocker!!

I think most of you are missing the key element. Balls.

Unlim means more balls hit and more balls purchased. I think there will plenty of 4 round single play tourneys coming up. Just relax.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 10:23 AM

BeachedMulligan:
    Unlim means more balls hit

Not sure I agree with that....at least not on a personal level.

I was hoping for a single-play multiround like the last Nation tourney.  That was a blast!!  I could watch the tourney on TV while playing the WGT version, and likely burn through $15 of balls in the process (between practice rounds, RG's, etc.).

As it stands, that $15 is getting spent on gas and I'm heading an hour west to the Rockies, where I have my choice of two Robert Trent Jones tracks, for a very wallet-friendly $78 each! (that R11S can wait another month or six).  WGT'll still be here on Monday...or on Tuesday....or whenever.  As for the AT&T National?  The only thing that had me in the least bit interested in following that, was the concurrent event on here.

So, instead of keeping me logged in and playing WGT for most of the weekend, this tourney's done the opposite.  I may be on to play the WGF tour, but with "special events" like Congo to look forward to....the ennui level is rising mighty quickly.

Knit one....purl two.....*sigh*

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:24 PM

BeachedMulligan:

Unlim means more balls hit and more balls purchased. I think there will plenty of 4 round single play tourneys coming up. Just relax.

Not at all -  if I'm on I'm on - be it 1 hour/2/3 I'll probably hit the same amount of strokes and remember too: balls will go awry at any time on any course.

I doubt anyone that plays this game avidly will play any less - they just won't be interested in playing the same 18 holes over & over again.

They should rename any big events the 'Grinders Championships' - not trying to  dismiss the players skills here  - merely alluding to the fact that it's those that can be ar$ed sitting playing the same course over & over again (some for 33 hours solid apparently) that tend to scoop the silverware.

WGT claims to be the most realistic online golfing experience: make it so WGT - single play in the 'MAJORS' has to be the way forward to keep the MAJORITY interested.

Darn.... I dropped a stitch there!!!!!!!!

:O)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:45 PM

The guy who won the Virtual Open only had 1 chance each round and he shot 57 twice on Olympic without restarts. I'm not so sure there's players playing this Tourney over and over to get the low scores. IMO... there's players that are just that good. No need to play it over and over again.

I have to admit the 4 Round WGT Nation Tourney was a blast to play because it was 4 rounds and had to be played each day. If they did something like that with a cut line for the weekend, I'd like that as well.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:58 PM

CerinoDevoti:

The guy who won the Virtual Open only had 1 chance each round and he shot 57 twice on Olympic without restarts. I'm not so sure there's players playing this Tourney over and over to get the low scores. IMO... there's players that are just that good. No need to play it over and over again.

1 guy in over 5 million - your point is caller?

Compare the 57 scored in one off mode to the qualifiers - barely would have been good enough to even get through to the final rounds if I remember.

Stonecold deserves every plaudit for the very reason you mention, done it in style, when it mattered, great scoring.... that had me glued to the leader board - all you've really done is add weight to the single play arguement.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 1:41 PM

BeachedMulligan:

well done Sherlock lol.

i'll think you'll find it's already been mentioned twice.

as for the Congressional Championship....i ain't playing it....and won't be playing in the others if they're the same borefest unlimited shyte either. i'd rather have my balls pickled in vinegar.

I''ll just stick to playin Alt Shot with cc members & mates or mp's and the odd RG;s than mess about with this failed offering.

Even a change of venue British Open round St Andrews or RSG  for whatever prize would seem a better option to what we have.

Sorry to diss the tourney and stuff but it's such garbage that's making it easier and easier for me to step away from this once highly addictive game altogether....but right now if I was asked to score it's appeal on a score of 10...........I'd give it a 5 max.

tbe

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 3:18 PM

thebigeasy707:
    .and won't be playing in the others if they're the same borefest unlimited shyte either

Agree on that, tbe, but what bothers me more is after thinking WGT was being proactive and listening, to have that dropped on players screaming for single play events says different.

Unfortunately, a stat I heard CN throw out  a while ago-it might have been on that radio interview, can't remember-makes it pretty obvious why it's this way. Something like 10,000 rounds were played over an observed period during the Open and only 600 turned into posted scores.  What can you say? It's the $.

RSS