Forums

Help › Forums

No Virtual Open Championship in 2012

Tue, Jun 2 2020 7:53 AM (139 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:06 AM

Pebble was limited to a short-duration agreement....plus they never took enough photos of it.

tbe

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 10:50 AM

It's likely we'll be getting only 1 HD course this year. I think wgt should consider making one of the trugolf courses free.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 11:35 AM

Jintfan89:

MisterWGT,

How come no stroke play on Pebble Beach? When it first came out I was real excited that we could play another great course. However all we can play on it is closest to the pin 

Jintfan89

Erm? No we can't.

• ianpogue
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:03 PM

too bad hopefully we will get more courses. how about winged foot, agusta,tpc sawgrass,torey pines,greenbrier ?????? sound good ?

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 2:43 PM

thebigeasy707:

I choose to play WGT because...................

1/ The HD Graphics rock.

2/ It's pretty close to the real game with regrards to mentally choosing your shot. Sometimes the result is baffling....but anyone playing real life golf will agree this happens a lot too.

3/ The WGT Community in general are a great bunch of people.

4/ I now watch far less online pron  :)

tbe

2/ .. ain't that the truth ..

4/ .. ain't that the truth .. lol

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 3:30 PM

chrisironsbones:
    Havn't you realised they have a so called baseball game to fund as well now, so the Lytham funds were probably used in photographing the baseball arenas.

Baseball is not a world game, golf is. Noone in Ireland, Holland etc gives a damn about it.

A world series with only American teams does not make it a world series.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 3:35 PM

chris5214:

Where can I find some of this pron?

Isn't it just a dance for teenagers at the end of high school? LOL

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 3:54 PM

seanobrien:

chris5214:

Where can I find some of this pron?

Isn't it just a dance for teenagers at the end of high school? LOL

lol .. no, that would be prom .. with a "m"

this was from bigeasy's post .. and funny as hell it was too ..lmao

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 8:08 PM

ianpogue:

too bad hopefully we will get more courses. how about winged foot, agusta,tpc sawgrass,torey pines,greenbrier ?????? sound good ?

Augusta would be great, but it seems doubtful we'd get it..I think EA has it locked up contractually..

Sawgrass would be awesome..Yea, there are a few other games that feature it, but it would be far better in hi-def..The course layout is one of the best IMO..

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:10 PM

thebigeasy707:

I choose to play WGT because...................

1/ The HD Graphics rock.

2/ It's pretty close to the real game with regrards to mentally choosing your shot. Sometimes the result is baffling....but anyone playing real life golf will agree this happens a lot too.

3/ The WGT Community in general are a great bunch of people.

tbe

You need to get spellchecker tbe.....lol. only jking, having a bit of a laugh meself...lol

Looks like we or some of us are getting bored with the courses we have now...ahhh why?

If i'm still around here in 10 yrs time (not likely..but still angry with the meter...lol), I can see then we will have another 10-20  course to play on... 

Can you imagine what it would be like to look at the list and see 30 courses in front of ya....lol, thinking which course today.... or even where are my friends... they are playing on one of these courses...lol

Lets all be happy with what we have now and let Wgt work things out :) 

I remember just over a couple years ago when I started... there was only a few courses, if that.... StA was only the front9... we were all hanging out for the full version to be released....lol

-Roger

RSS