Forums

Help › Forums

No Virtual Open Championship in 2012

Tue, Jun 2 2020 7:53 AM (139 replies)
  • PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 1:12 PM

snowy64:

Why not have a course like Wentworth, Playing a hole like the 18Th would be fun.

good call. i'd love to see a course like Wentworth and The Belfry on here, Loch Lomond would also be a belter.

hell even a few courses local to me, The London Club, East Sussex National and Chart Hills would look great on here. not world wide recognised names, but as it goes i've not heard of many US courses until they appear on the tv. 

there's hidden gems all over.

if WGT can't get on the open course of that year it wouldn't be the end of the world if they introduced another UK course and to be honest i'd prefer it to be a non links course aswell. 

i think the rest of the world thinks all Britain has to offer is links ;-) we've got great parkland, heathland and other inland courses that aren't a bad knock aswell, lol

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 11:28 PM

Finally I get to chime in on an old post and it isn't just my usual random silliness.  What about the VUSO for 2020?  Can anybody point me to an existing thread that talks about it?

~Cheers~

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 10:10 AM

Dougie4042:

Finally I get to chime in on an old post and it isn't just my usual random silliness.  What about the VUSO for 2020?  Can anybody point me to an existing thread that talks about it?

~Cheers~

No but it started today. Using the same best of U.S.Open course they used in 2018 when they couldn't get Shinnecock  Hills.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 8:01 PM

borntobesting:
    No but it started today. Using the same best of U.S.Open course they used in 2018 when they couldn't get Shinnecock  Hil

Many thanks, B2B!

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 12:35 PM

I can't get this tournament to open.... if we are talking about

USGA Virtual Open

2018 Virtual U.S. Open Course

Any help why my screen just hangs up at the Play screen?

Tim

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 1:09 PM

Bushbeater4:
    I can't get this tournament to open...

Well this seems to be some kind of Flash problem as it will NOT play on my PC but when I try it on my tablet it works fine.

I really never play on the mobile platform so would rather not try this tournament on it.

It seems PC players are being forced to accept the new platform

Tim

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 2:53 PM
    It has to be a PC issue on your end Bush, works fine on mine.
  • Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 3:04 PM

claremoreblue:

Thanks for letting me know claremoreblue... I will dig a little deeper into it.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 3:33 AM

claremoreblue:

Same here. It plays fine.

Those of you having trouble have you tried a different browser? At times something that won't work with one browser will work with another one.

RSS