Forums

Help › Forums

No Virtual Open Championship in 2012

Tue, Jun 2 2020 7:53 AM (139 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:50 PM

Don't you people understand??? The unlimited plays are the only way that some of us can play in the tourneys. If they made it 4 single play rounds like they did during the Nation U.S open tourney many of us who have only a little time to play could not play in it. WGT understands a lot more than you people who seem to have all the time in the world to play a tourney 1 round per day for 4 days. Most days i have just enough time to play 9 holes only but I make it a point to play the unlimited at least once.  I would venture to say that as many as 1/2 of us can only play the unlimited tourneys and then maybe only once

.If you're bored find something else to do! Don't keep whining until WGT gives into you and makes all the main tourneys single play and puts as many as 1/2 of us out in the cold!!! 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:59 PM

borntobesting:

but I make it a point to play the unlimited at least once.  I would venture to say that as many as 1/2 of us can only play the unlimited tourneys and then maybe only once

playing the unlimited at least once......so where's the difference with it being single play if you play it at least once.?

make it 2 tries then instead of unlimited to give you old codgers a fair crack at it at your own pace :)

WGT should just double the comps.....50/50 unlim/single play.

tbe

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:49 PM

"What if this is as good as it gets?"  The "Cartoon" courses was the first clue. And as far as how difficult it is to bring out new courses , that "was" the original business model.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:57 PM

borntobesting:
    . Most days i have just enough time to play 9 holes only but I make it a point to play the unlimited at least once.

Not to be snide..but your score history shows otherwise

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 2:19 AM

Notice they said they couldn't do the Royal Lytham or whatever course the British Open is on....  Yes they are giving us those tournaments but they never said they aren't working on any new courses....  In fact they are supposedly getting another Trugolf ...  So far this year we have 2 new courses....  We have Whistler from Trugolf and we have the Olympic Club....  So that isn't just one course but two with another on the way....  You read too much into what is said and forget about other updates and UPR

• viago
    44 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:26 AM

ChristopherRouss:

Notice they said they couldn't do the Royal Lytham or whatever course the British Open is on.... So far this year we have 2 new courses....  We have Whistler from Trugolf and we have the Olympic Club....  

all well and good, but it would be nice to have some more free courses. tournaments like the open should be single play for tour pro or higher, and increasing to multiplay for hacks.

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:23 AM

MBaggese:

borntobesting:
    . Most days i have just enough time to play 9 holes only but I make it a point to play the unlimited at least once.

Not to be snide..but your score history shows otherwise

over 3,000 rounds in almost 3 years also suggests otherwise too.

almost 2,500 posts also suggests otherwise too

...just saying

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:03 AM

Hello,

I wonder if they could also make a "Best of The Past U.S. Open" 9 hole course. That sounds like an easier task. Have a hole from each course ( Augusta, Saw grass, etc. )

At least it would be much easier to create and take pictures with them all being in the united states. Heck they could even get WGT players involved by making it a contest. Have everybody submit pictures from anyone who has been to their local U.S. open course in the past 2 years. Then each player with the best pictures for each hole used could get something for it, like a years worth of their favorite WGT virtual balls or a new club. Just thinking outside the box.

Happy Golfing

Joe 

RSS