Forums

Help › Forums

No Virtual Open Championship in 2012

Tue, Jun 2 2020 7:53 AM (139 replies)
  • pauljudge52
    1,362 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:29 AM

I agree, why have all these courses that you can only play ctth? let us play the full 18 on them

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:50 AM

pauljudge52:

I agree, why have all these courses that you can only play ctth? let us play the full 18 on them

MisterWGt explained why you can't in the chat. Simply put, they don't have the pictures. Where individual holes of the courses we can play use thousands of pictures, the CTTH courses only use 100s, edited down to something like 30-40 per hole, IIRC. 

• pauljudge52
    1,362 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:54 AM

Ok ty for the info, I havent been here that long and didnt realize they did not have the full course available for these

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:14 AM

racoondad:
    WGT Congressional Championship - Special tournament the week of 6/25 on Congressional

racoondad:
    Unlimited play?! Sigh..

This quite simply shows wgt didn't listen again. Those that'll sit and grind out a score by playing over and over are the one's that are rewarded.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:49 AM

DAZZA501:

racoondad:
    WGT Congressional Championship - Special tournament the week of 6/25 on Congressional

racoondad:
    Unlimited play?! Sigh..

This quite simply shows wgt didn't listen again. Those that'll sit and grind out a score by playing over and over are the one's that are rewarded.

I agree, a glorified unlimited.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 10:57 AM

My idea for  the special tournaments, if they are going to be unlimited, would be to make it where there is no restart.  Complete the round, if you want to better your score then you can play again.  If you do anything other than  "save and quit, then finish later" or complete it, then your done, no more playing that tourney.  Would keep people from restarting after the first few holes just because they're not  -x through x amount of holes.

Just a thought.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:51 AM

Not to look the proverbial gift horse (or card), in the mouth...but I would have much preferred another 4-round single-play that mirrored the real tourney....as opposed to a coma-inducing unlimited.

I was also hoping to see a standard payout structure.  35,000 credits(*) is a great prize pool, and 70 people (or more), could have benefitted, instead of only 3.

However, having said all that, it's certainly a step in the right direction and definitely appreciated!  :)

(*) - value of the 3 legend gift cards converted into credits

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 12:46 PM

There's just too many unlimited tournaments as it is. Sunsafe, Cadilac, Kingsford and now this special tournament. What's so special about it? I would of also preferred to see a 4 round multiround. I'm bored bored bored!!! Time to take a break from the game i think.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 2:04 PM
    How about being sneaky and releasing a Ryder Cup course :)
  • WELLHOFFER
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 4:21 PM

Es una verdadera lastima no poder conatr con este Campeonato Open Vurtual,

RSS