Forums

Help › Forums

U.S. Open -- The Sunday Summary

Sun, Jun 24 2012 10:46 AM (24 replies)
  • wgtmustang
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:24 AM

LOLserver:

I have been wondering how many pictures do you guys takes per hole, you said, if a tree catches any of the shots from the tee, etc, amazing work, grats

Eric

Hi Eric - we average around 3,000 HD photographs per hole (also factoring in aerial shots) in order to get every angle possible along the course.

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:44 AM

My personal biggest enjoyment of this past weekend, was being able to watch the tourney on TV, and yet still be able to play it along side hole by hole.....AWESOME!!!......For as many bugs we have to deal with in this game, I take my hat off to ya'll WGT. Super Job for shooting this course.

I believe there is no other site on the internet that can come close to this. Keep up the excellent endeavors to bring us mortals to such fantastic places.... Bill B

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 11:01 AM

wgtmustang:

LOLserver:

I have been wondering how many pictures do you guys takes per hole, you said, if a tree catches any of the shots from the tee, etc, amazing work, grats

Eric

Hi Eric - we average around 3,000 HD photographs per hole (also factoring in aerial shots) in order to get every angle possible along the course.

3000 HD pics per hole!!! amazing, simply amazing.

Must admit, when you land your ball in places close to out of bounds along the fairways, I see often "weird" views, again places almost unimaginable!.

I am starting to understand the cost of each course for WGT. Thank you very much for Olympic, awesome job, most difficult course in WGT but the most enjoyable of all.

Really longing to new course releases.

Kind regards, Eric

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:29 PM

Very enjoyable presentation, great read of the logistics, and your presence at Olympic makes WGT standout.  Well done.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:47 PM

I think that it is great that WGT is posting and giving the general public some insight into what it takes to put a course on the site for us to play.

I'm a business person and I understand costs, revenue, etc. very well.  It is amusing to me to see some of the posts of people with little or no business experience.  They believe that WGT is making so much money they can't spend it fast enough.

It would be nice to see some statistics that show revenue streams, cost of a course, etc. in broad strokes so that people will begin to understand that there is more to the site than taking a couple of dozen photos and selling some balls.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 1:55 PM

TarheelsRule:

I think that it is great that WGT is posting and giving the general public some insight into what it takes to put a course on the site for us to play.

I'm a business person and I understand costs, revenue, etc. very well.  It is amusing to me to see some of the posts of people with little or no business experience.  They believe that WGT is making so much money they can't spend it fast enough.

It would be nice to see some statistics that show revenue streams, cost of a course, etc. in broad strokes so that people will begin to understand that there is more to the site than taking a couple of dozen photos and selling some balls.

HUGE Amen to that .. i've been sayin' the same in many a post

• washndry1
    121 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2012 2:46 PM

Thank you for the great report of events and an amazing golf game experience !

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 4:09 AM

Awesome read,  

Hopefully it will give the nay sayers a little more insight to what goes into making this wonderful game what it is.

• shoozie86
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 6:46 AM

would be good to see you bring out a few more courses bro been playing your game spent a fair bit of cash on here you would be loaded now so the least you could do is bring out few more courses that you dont have to pay to play otherwise i cant see myself investing much more money into your game but have really enjoyed playing it so far so thx but would be gd to c a few more courses;-)

• MisterWGT
    122 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:39 AM

Thanks Hpurey,

I plan to share more insight into the "behind the scenes" at WGT as we press onward.  Even though we internally take it as "our job" (and thus deem it not interesting), there ARE some interesting - and often humorous - stories that come out of making this game / building new courses.  Stay tuned for more...

...and thank you again for the kind words!

Cheers,

- MisterWGT

RSS