Forums

Help › Forums

WGT NATION Tournament During the U.S. Open

Thu, Sep 23 2021 11:42 PM (101 replies)
  • WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:11 PM

Attention WGT NATION members: Don't miss the special tournament going on during the U.S. Open -- starting tomorrow (Thursday, 6/14).

It's a four-day, four-round tournament -- one round per day, just like a real tournament -- and played on The Olympic Club course during the U.S. Open. They are single-play rounds and you must post a score each day (Thursday through Sunday).

Here's what you need to know:

• Four single-play rounds – each round must be posted daily Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun 6/14-17
    • Separate tiered tournaments limited to players at that same tier: Pro, Tour Pro, Master, Tour Master, Legend
    • Weather and course conditions appropriate for each tier, but they get harder over the weekend
    • Top 3 combined scores at each tier win Amazon Gift Cards
    • Note, these are single-play rounds, so be sure to practice in the unlimited-play Virtual U.S. Open Qualifier

Play the free tournament here.

If you haven't joined the WGT NATION yet, you can go to www.wgt.com/nation to see if you're eligible to sign-up and play in this free tournament.

Good luck!

• Pskip001
    191 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:23 AM

Thanks for the post Wildcat. I'm in!

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:18 AM

Nice idea guys; I know you tried to do this with the Tour Finals so it'll be interesting to see what the final completion rate is like for all the players who start the tournament. I personally always struggle to play during weekends but I still give a "thumbs up" to this new tourney.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:35 AM

Thanks for the Heads-Up Wildcat :)

-Roger

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 6:07 AM

All this is fun and games until you get Tiered up....

• WGTwildcat
    647 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:19 PM

mantis0014:

Thanks for the Heads-Up Wildcat :)

-Roger

No problem -- good luck, everyone!

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 1:30 PM

My first 2 par 3's from Nation Tourney round 1.. just wanted to share, hope you enjoy like I did the results :)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:01 PM

Thank you, now I don't have to worry about missing an email. Great format too, four 18 hole single play rounds. Looking forward to playing the same tournament/course that I'm watching on TV.

Any prizes for everyone that beats the winner of the real life US Open? That's a realistic goal for me....lol. 

• Teedaawg
    276 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 4:01 PM

Great goin guys!!! I love this format!!!

This next statement should be taken with a grain of salt...

Now if we could only work on getting a full field prize structure it would keep everyone playing ALL 4 rounds...

I know you guys have been working your tails off getting things done, and just knowing that more of you are actually reading the forums and not only that but, actually doing something about it has re-energized my playing on here...

...keep up the good work!

Tee

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 4:08 PM

yes i played at the same time ,watching TV  , following Tiger :)  , my first  round i played a  71   ,    well , see if i can do better Friday :)    its all good , even if i am excluded from winning  anything (Quebec resident are excluded ) i think ......    lets face it excluded or not  my chance of winning is NIL  LOL  ,but i enjoy,the 4 days  tournement ty WGT . Frapp    

RSS