Forums

Help › Forums

Fastest way to level up?

Thu, Jul 30 2020 6:37 AM (24 replies)
  • hyperliite
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:13 AM

What is the quickest way to level up. I plan on buying new clubs I just want to be a higher level so I can get the better clubs. I usually just play stroke play usually with a buddy up here at the fire department while we're on shift. But what is the actual quickeset way, I know a lot of you guys are high rank and I figured you would have the answers! Thanks community.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 11:37 AM

You can buy the level up bars and drink the level up juice if you have the credits. I just played a lot so when I got the better clubs I knew what to do with them.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 1:25 PM

Hey there,

Play at least once everyday to get your max playing day bonus and play ranked strokeplay rounds with friends.

best regards

ladzrls

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 1:42 PM

fastest free way? just play 18 hole rounds all day long,
    and multiple player rounds, preferably 4 player rounds.

try to play well, that way you'll win all these dumb awards that mean nothing,
    but you'll get some extra XP points for them.

if you really wanna cut in line, you can buy your way out of the normal process.

go to accessories in the pro shop, and buy a bunch of level up bars,
    until you hit 64, then you buy the 40% XP drink for as long as you can afford (15 days max)
    and just plow through 18 hole rounds as much as possible.

I'd suggest neither.
    the long slow process of playing with the free crappy clubs,
    will cause you to develop a good feel for the game,
    since they provide zero spin, thus forcing you to be more accurate with your shots.

I know the clubs in pro shop look awesome, and they are,
    but the process is a big part of becoming a good player IMO.
    cause when you finally reach that level where you can unlock the good stuff,
    you'll be much more ready for them - and you'll cut your avg in half almost overnight.

either way, good luck.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 3:27 PM

or maybe try both approaches .. play alot of ranked games, get ur daily XP points + bar- & juice up .. u gotta be willing to spend some $ though if u wanna skip through levels like that .. like a previous poster said

i know its frowned upon by some players, but hey, do what YOU wanna do .. myself, i wasn't willing to wait that long so i skipped 15 levels & got the better sticks .. worked out fine for me

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 6:48 AM

I've got a streak in like the 30s or 40s for consec days played, I usually play 1 or 2 games a day pretty much, it takes a few days to level up(level 61 right now) x_x 

I've actually been wondering, do Practice rounds give XP? 

One problem I've had with 18 hole rounds is that it can take foreeeeever with others, I'd rather play alone, but how do you do 18 hole alone and still get the XP?

• nyctc7
    159 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 7:00 AM

cpatterson22:

I've got a streak in like the 30s or 40s for consec days played, I usually play 1 or 2 games a day pretty much, it takes a few days to level up(level 61 right now) x_x 

I've actually been wondering, do Practice rounds give XP? 

One problem I've had with 18 hole rounds is that it can take foreeeeever with others, I'd rather play alone, but how do you do 18 hole alone and still get the XP?

Yes, you get exp points for completing a practice round.

I play exclusively solo and you get exp points for completing rounds. Don't know if this is a different amount than if you play in a group.  You don't get very many for CTTH games.

Stroke Play Tournaments give you more points (double or almost double from a "regular" round) and tournamets are played solo. So play the tournaments. If you're playing lousy you can either withdraw or restart depending on the tournament and it wont hurt your average. Use the more expensive xp boost juice when you know you're about to get your consecutive days played bonus.   

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 8:11 AM

Good point, nytc7. 

If you play the free entry fee hole stroke play tournaments as your practice rounds you will get additional credits for just completing the tournament round.

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 5:37 AM

Play the stroke play tourneys.... join a country club where free ones are a plenty... or you can create your own there.... also as some one else commented when you get to level 64 or so and want to spend money on the 40% power up do this.... the consecutive day play rolls over at 8pm est.  So from 8pm to about 7:50pm the next day don't play.  Buy the power up and play a quick CTTH tourney that will end before 8pm.  That will give you that days 880 daily play pts plus the 325 bonus xp from the power up.  The play a 18 hole tourney with easy conditions, by the time you finish it will be approx. 8:30pm or so and you will get the next days daily play 880xp and the 1hr xp boost is still active so it will add another 325xp plus what you get for the 18 hole tourney.  You will still have about 15 min or so left on the 1 hour boost so play an easy condition / course 9 hole stroke tourney to finish it out.  Whe you play the tourneys pick your easiest / best course and easy conditions so you get through it quicker.  Create that tourney with those conditions if you have to.   By doing this you full use of the credits spent on the 1 hour XP boost.  Plan it so the day you basically skip playing (until 7:45pm) is a day when your busy and wouldn't play much anyway..... By the time you finish- 1 hour after you started if you add all that xp up it will be somewhere around 3260 xp earned in 1 hour.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 9:57 AM

gmaster007:

fastest free way? just play 18 hole rounds all day long,
    and multiple player rounds, preferably 4 player rounds.

try to play well, that way you'll win all these dumb awards that mean nothing,
    but you'll get some extra XP points for them.

if you really wanna cut in line, you can buy your way out of the normal process.

go to accessories in the pro shop, and buy a bunch of level up bars,
    until you hit 64, then you buy the 40% XP drink for as long as you can afford (15 days max)
    and just plow through 18 hole rounds as much as possible.

I'd suggest neither.
    the long slow process of playing with the free crappy clubs,
    will cause you to develop a good feel for the game,
    since they provide zero spin, thus forcing you to be more accurate with your shots.

I know the clubs in pro shop look awesome, and they are,
    but the process is a big part of becoming a good player IMO.
    cause when you finally reach that level where you can unlock the good stuff,
    you'll be much more ready for them - and you'll cut your avg in half almost overnight.

either way, good luck.

Some pros and cons:

18 holes bring slightly more XPs (5%) than 9 holes, but there are more credits XPs in single play since 4 player 18 hole strokeplay will take about three hours and you are at risk that some or all players quit @17 spoiling the extra XPs.

18 holes tourneys bring 400 XPs each + the strokes you make, easily in 45 mins. Times 4 in 3 hours = 1200! The awards are good 4 some extra XPs.

The most time-effective XP source is the CDP bonus (continuous days played), 880 max after 4 or 5 days.

Level-ups are for those with plenty bucks, while XP boosts are only good(?) for low level players. IMO, both are penalty taxes for impatient ppl.

RSS