Forums

Help › Forums

What a waste of time.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 12 2020 5:56 AM (25 replies)
  • jld51
    406 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2012 8:47 AM

After just getting to master tier,ive found there are more quitters in master and legend teirs than the hacks.after playing 5 rounds with 4 players its in the bunker quit,got a bogey quit,did not scratch my boll***cks quit, the list is endless. so out of 15 players only 1 stayed.

WHY DO YOU PLAY THE GAME PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND %%%%% OF.

waiting for the flax.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2012 9:29 AM

My mom told me to never talk or play with strangers.

HAWK

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 6:40 AM

Yep, I'm Pro tier still but the higher tier people often end up being the butthurt ones, and I don't know why since in the long run bad scores dont affect your average, so wtf?

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 9:04 PM

They are protecting their precious Average. There good sides and bad sides to it . The main bad side ....quitting.

Im not knocking it hell play however you want but man it sure sucks when on the last hole poof they are gone. They still get the loss but their Average seems more important.

Im at Pro Tour Level and I dont see myself moving up no time soon. I bet I get called a sandbagger or multi accounter before long . I cant help it if in my early days I didnt quit ..hence my average is elevated but my skills are not.

Come up with a solution and submit it to WGT :)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:00 AM

pjctas0822:

They are protecting their precious Average.

That's used to be the thing few years ago but now posting bad rounds will not change your average.

The best way to avoid these situations is to make friends and join country clubs. Friends do not quit on friends without a reason.

I understand the frustration, but we cannot guess why someone quits, even if it's on purpose.

-wgticon

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:38 AM

WGTicon:

pjctas0822:

That's used to be the thing few years ago but now posting bad rounds will not change your average.

The best way to avoid these situations is to make friends and join country clubs. Friends do not quit on friends without a reason.

I understand the frustration, but we cannot guess why someone quits, even if it's on purpose.

-wgticon

Thats not totally true . If a person has just moved up in Tier and post a bad round their average sky rockets. Its only after they have enough ranked rounds that bad scores dont count. Only in a perfect world. I have quite a few reasons that I play mostly CC Loner golf. I wont open up that can of worms because it has been on the forums so much Im tired of reading about it. I just play and have fun the way I want to w/o any aggravation. I will every blue moon join a foursome with CC members but random online match play is pathetic against strangers.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Fri, Jun 15 2012 2:22 AM

Yeah Alt Shot usually isn't too bad, players mostly stay even if it seems like an unfair duo(you really never know)

It's just stroke play where people say WAHHH I HIT IT IN SAND ON HOLE 2 I QUIT. 

For me personally, I wouldn't have a problem with people quitting if they just gave you the XP for the original game. If you have a 4 person game and 3 people leave on hole 8, you get 1 person XP even though you've wasted all that time with 4, it's extremely annoying. You started as a 4 person game you wanted to do 4 person, you shouldn't get penalized XP because Hiney McWhiney decided they don't want a bad round.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 1:56 AM

pjctas0822:

WGTicon:

pjctas0822:

[...]

Thats not totally true . If a person has just moved up in Tier and post a bad round their average sky rockets. Its only after they have enough ranked rounds that bad scores dont count.

[...]

So, this effect is only a temporary one, perhaps hurting the precious ego for a while. Ppl will not accelerate their tier-up by "protecting" their average nor will they slow it down if they post a bad score. What matters in the end are a bunch of scores good enough to make up for the next tier, the rest being dropped into a waste bin.

Plus, there is no effect at all to the average by AS or match play.

• jmaul99
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2012 1:27 AM

I understand you frustration but this is not always the players fault.  Last 3 times I've played multi player stroke play game twice WGT has crashed on me and once on 2 of my opponents.  In alt shot and match play you can close browser and restart and then reenter game.  This is not true in stroke play.  If WGT crashes you are no longer playing multi player game.  In 90% of the alt shot games I play at least one person has to restart there browser at some point during 9 hole game.  This is an issue with WGT, the browser, or flash depending on the situation.  Many of these players probably are not quiting.  I never intentionally quit but am probably only able to finish 50% of multi- player stroke play games with the group.

RSS