Help › Forums

putting and game chances

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 29 2010 5:53 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Moltar
    8 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:07 PM
    since there has been more changes to this game than we can keep up with, we have to sped 60% more time trying to ,keep up on current affairs than spending on the olay at hand. i still have not ever seen any explaination or tips on perfecting the art of moving the flag while putting for breaks. what are the most important things to look for.. u have the box shaped grids are they supposed to tell us something. are the shades of color supposed to tells us even more, meaning do we drag the flag out to the point where the color starts etc etc. this is another issue seperate from the putting but also relates to the changes. when i move the flag for my drv or my appro shots to compensate for the wind, and click mouse on center line the ball sometimes goes dead straight orto the right or to the left. i also noticed that if i click late or right of center line the ball will still go straight but at a much lesser distance, compared to if i click left or early the ball will move noticably to the left.. some one if u can please address this issue would help greatly improve the enjoyment of this game not to mention my score which i struggle to keep at even par.. i read from a fellow golfer that if this game wants us to make a putt we will, if it does not want us to make a putt we will not
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:20 PM

Wow you can take time to type this ,i suggest reading the frequently asked questions >>>

putting tips its all there maybe you should have read this the day you started, if you read everything it will set you straight and i dont believe the game stops you from making a putt thats just BS.

Hope this helps CSC

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 1:13 PM

Hi Moltar.  Charlie is right, all kinds of good information in the Getting Started and the FAQs section to the right.  There are Video Tutorials on just about every subject. 

We never move the flag stick but we can move the aiming point.  Dots on the grid show the break on the greens, how fast the dots move indicates the severity of the break.  Blue grids indicate uphill, Red grids downhill and Black grids are a flat surface.  As for hitting the line, it is important to notice the wind direction and aim accordingly.  For me, hitting on the side of the meter that the wind is coming from usually produces a better result than hitting on the opposite side.   Try it out in some practice games and you'll see what I mean.  Again, check out the info over there------------->

Joey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 3:48 PM

One place that offers a beginning point may be at the Andy's CTTH hole #7, a 150 ft putt. Go to the reverse view and align the aim along the first available grid line that plumbs the line which is, I believe about 3 or 4 gridmarks to the right as you look in reverse. Hit the putt to go about 135 feet +/-. As a start point to reading how to use the grid I believe these comments will be of value.

• Georgiaboy1
    37 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:24 AM

look dude take a step back and look and listen 2 wat u just said then look into your bag its just like real golf u cant expect 2 hit the walmart club u got the whole set 4 $100 like your goin to hit the G-10 you get for $120 used or think like 2 somethin new but anyways if u realy think about it how many golf courses have u played that after the first couple of games or months and years that u know the exact break and speed and right were to hit it so that u 1 putt it every time this game is just realy realistic never seen nothin like it as far as the way it plays everyday is different sometimes u gott it and sometimes u dont not even tiger is goin to be perfect or do exacually wat they want with the ball every time they swing a club at it but ive gottin pretty good at puttin figured out allitle of wats happnin and mostly cause just realy paid attention 2 yardege how fast beads rollin u know almost like real golf u stand behind the ball and check the break and hit it were u think u need 2 to get it in the bottem of the cup the rest is the same with tryin to read the wind and elevation and once u get it figured i think its prety consistant only thing is once you get it figured your master and got a super fast meeter u know wat needs 2 be done just pingin the line and hittin the perfect shot eather way if u think about it ant it prety realistic just keep practicing youll get it but cant hit off brand cheap clubs like the top of the line clubs their not the best only for the name theive been scientificly desighned to give better preformance and if u want better preformance its goin to cost more so u see wat im sayin just keep practiceing and if i can recomend thr pro level raptures and rossa putter is the way to go and eaither brand of wedges the secret to them is figuring the 16th of evry distance welll thats every club cause thats wen the advitat moves every 16 of the max but anyways just got more help then me had to figure that out on my own and last but not leist if u dont like it for god sakes dont play it and wen u think u got it well then bet somthin Georgiaboy1 will exept

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 7:32 PM

Georgiaboy1:

look dude take a step back and look and listen 2 wat u just said then look into your bag its just like real golf u cant expect 2 hit the walmart club u got the whole set 4 $100 like your goin to hit the G-10 you get for $120 used or think like 2 somethin new but anyways if u realy think about it how many golf courses have u played that after the first couple of games or months and years that u know the exact break and speed and right were to hit it so that u 1 putt it every time this game is just realy realistic never seen nothin like it as far as the way it plays everyday is different sometimes u gott it and sometimes u dont not even tiger is goin to be perfect or do exacually wat they want with the ball every time they swing a club at it but ive gottin pretty good at puttin figured out allitle of wats happnin and mostly cause just realy paid attention 2 yardege how fast beads rollin u know almost like real golf u stand behind the ball and check the break and hit it were u think u need 2 to get it in the bottem of the cup the rest is the same with tryin to read the wind and elevation and once u get it figured i think its prety consistant only thing is once you get it figured your master and got a super fast meeter u know wat needs 2 be done just pingin the line and hittin the perfect shot eather way if u think about it ant it prety realistic just keep practicing youll get it but cant hit off brand cheap clubs like the top of the line clubs their not the best only for the name theive been scientificly desighned to give better preformance and if u want better preformance its goin to cost more so u see wat im sayin just keep practiceing and if i can recomend thr pro level raptures and rossa putter is the way to go and eaither brand of wedges the secret to them is figuring the 16th of evry distance welll thats every club cause thats wen the advitat moves every 16 of the max but anyways just got more help then me had to figure that out on my own and last but not leist if u dont like it for god sakes dont play it and wen u think u got it well then bet somthin Georgiaboy1 will exept

Can we submit this to the Guiness book of world records for the Longest run-on sentence ever?

I've played a few rounds with Georgia Boy.. beat him on most... seemed friendly at first but took on that Southern redneck attitude after a while so he had to go! Not humble at all and no humility.

Back then he thought the raptures where god's gift to Georgia..  Wonder why he isn't using them now.

• Georgiaboy1
    37 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 3:29 AM

smason77:

Georgiaboy1:

Can we submit this to the Guiness book of world records for the Longest run-on sentence ever?

I've played a few rounds with Georgia Boy.. beat him on most... seemed friendly at first but took on that Southern redneck attitude after a while so he had to go! Not humble at all and no humility.

Back then he thought the raptures where god's gift to Georgia..  Wonder why he isn't using them now.

how in the world r u sayin u beat me most of the time i whipped u so bad the last time u quit before it was over  and youve been runnin ever since and duh i cant use the raptures in master level they dont have enough distance but u probably didnt realize that cause your probably still shook from the beatin i give u just relax youll recover from it 1 day lol and wat am i suspose 2 b im from the south and proud of it

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 4:46 PM

Georgiaboy1:
    your probably still shook from the beatin i give u just relax youll recover from it 1 day lol and wat am i suspose 2 b im from the south and proud of it

So were Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, James Madison and James Monroe...wat went rong?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 5:49 PM

Georgiaboy1:

how in the world r u sayin u beat me most of the time i whipped u so bad the last time u quit before it was over  and youve been runnin ever since and duh i cant use the raptures in master level they dont have enough distance but u probably didnt realize that cause your probably still shook from the beatin i give u just relax youll recover from it 1 day lol and wat am i suspose 2 b im from the south and proud of it

Yup. That last time you did beat me. You were talking a lot of trash too. I got tired of your verbal abuse. Yeah.. I did quit. He speaks the truth. Just doesn't speak it so eloquently. It was a huge turnoff for me. Although I didn't complain at the time. I just moved on, deleted him, and voila. Here I am. No worries.

He's pretty good at this game though.. obviously. I'll give him that. I can't believe that the world record holder of the longest run-on sentence is better than me on WGT! lol

I'll be in the corner crying if you need me.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 8:09 AM

goodness, sentence structure, periods, commas ,and a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit of using the spell check. I use it

• PAGES
RSS