Help › Forums

ive lost the play now option on the left hand side of the screen

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:50 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:45 PM

In Firefox at the WGT site right click in the Play Now box. Go to the About Adobe tab. What version does it say you're using?

• D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:57 PM
    You have version 10,0,45,2 installed
  • D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:06 PM

ok folks,

i have just done a system restore to yesterday afternoon, and i still have the problem. now it has to be a flash problem as the browser side of the site is working everything is fine. On the flash side i see a little fash of movement, a small circle shaped object go to 100% and then nothing.

If i try the direct browser option it just sits on loading and that is it.

so back to square one and still have the problem, its midnight here so im going to get some shut eye now, i will check it again tomorrow and hope for the best.

If in the meantime anyone has any ideas please feel free to let me know and i will try them in the morning.

Many thanks all

D0lphi

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:42 PM

Bummer that you couldn't get it tonight but Good Morning, sleepy eyes. LOL.

My first thought when you said restore was that you just got yourself back to your original problem. This is good because WGTNiv laid out what to do here in this thread. So I say, get your coffee with your clear mind and start with what he says. You'll be golfing before the cup's empty! GL

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:43 PM

D0lphi,

This is an unusual situation I must say, so I've requested some extra assistance.  I've sent an email on your behalf to members@worldgolftour.com and referenced this thread.  They will try to work with you to see if we can get to the bottom of this issue.  I thank you for your patience and am sorry about the inconvenience. =(

*edit* And as Jim alluded to, since you successfully restored you might give it another run through in the meantime just to make sure everything was executed properly.

• D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:14 AM
    Hey WGT, ive logged in from another pc in house (my wifes dont tell her) and it all seems fine. so that means i must have done something on my other pc that is stopping flash from working. as i have no idea about flash and the rest of it im in the dark. Niv many thanks for passing that on for futher assistance and if anyone has any ideas how i sort out flash im all ears. Many thanks D0lphi
  • D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:50 AM

ITS WORKING!!!!!

i am glad to say it is working, thank you to everyone who has given advice. WGTNiv many thanks for all your time and comments.

so what did i do.......i right click on what was a blank left hand side of the screen. i went to about adobe flash and it took me to their site. on the right hand side they ahve settings manager. i went in there. there is a link for a global noticfication settings. when i went in to that the storage space was set at 0. i changesd that to meet the same as my wies lap top which was 100kb and here we are with it working again.

now how that got changed i have no idea as i have never been in that box thing at all. but i want to let you know what i did and now that it works.

so again thank you to everyone who has helped on this matter im am forever grateful :)

D0lphi

• PAGES
RSS