Help › Forums

ive lost the play now option on the left hand side of the screen

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 3:50 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 12:23 PM
    Hey all, i really need some help, ive lost the play now option on the left hand side of my screen. i have no idea whats happened but am getting withdrawal syptoms :) if anyone knows how to fix this i would be very gratefull Many thanks D0lphi
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:05 PM

I have had this issue a few times.  I either keep trying to reload the page or eventually I have to reset my internet browser to default settings.

Good Luck,

b0geybuster

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:53 PM

Hi D0lphi,

The PLAY NOW box is a flash element, so if you're not loading it properly you probably only need to clear your Flash & Browser caches.  You can do that by following these instructions.  Please let us know if you still experience this issue after performing the cache clears.

• D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:36 PM
    Hey guys, ive done my cache on everything i found that thread earlier. i tried goggle chrome earlier and didnt like it so changed back to IE since then i cant get a game to play. ive uninstalled flash and reinstalled and still nothing im afraid. Any other ideas at all? D0lphi
  • drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:55 PM
    You could just use the link below. It opens the game in a new browser window http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx
  • D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:06 PM

thank you for that link, ive tried it and it is just stuck with a little circle in the middle going around as if it is trying to load it but wont.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:14 PM

D0lphi:
    ive uninstalled flash and reinstalled and still nothing im afraid.

How did you uninstall it? With the Flash uninstaller?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:19 PM

D0lphi,

It sounds like you have a combination of flash and browser cache issues.  Load stoppages during the initial screen are browser cache related.  Try these steps:

1.) Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:

Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe (205 KB) (updated 02/11/2010)

Note: Internet Explorer users may have to reboot to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files. If you're not certain, select the "Show Details" button in the Flash Player uninstaller. If there are any log lines that begin with "Delete on Reboot..." then you'll need to reboot BEFORE running the Flash Player installer again.

2.)  Reboot your PC according to Step 1 if necessary.

3.)  Install a fresh version of Flash 10: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

4.)  Clear your browser cache again: Click here for instructions.

5.)  Restart your browser.

If this doesn't immediately solve your problem I would recommend using Firefox over Internet Explorer.  IE is a good browser, but it's very general purpose and often gives sub-par performance compared to Firefox or Chrome for applications such as Flash.  If you decide to install FireFox you will need to install the Adobe Plugin for Firefox as well since it uses a different plugin than Internet Explorer does.

If you exhaust all of these options and are still experiencing issues, please let us know.

• D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:19 PM
    yeah i used the Adobe flash uninstaller thingy
  • D0lphi
    15 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:43 PM

ok ive now downloaded and installed firefox, ive done all the correct updates to flash and it still isnt working. not even using the direct link. exactly the same thing is happening as it was on IE.

Now is there any chance adobe has done an update in the last 4 hours? and the server is not up to date?? if not then please more help i really am pulling my hair out now

Many thanks for all those who are helping with comments btw

D0lphi

• PAGES
RSS