Help › Forums

FireFox

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:08 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rpcdllc
    48 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:25 AM

I just downloaded firefox because it seems the game is very jerky on explorer, at least on my computer. My problem is when I go to WGT site everything shows up except the block on the left that says Play Now. I an not very computer savey and maybe it's just my system, however have firefox on my home computer and don't  seem to have any problems there.Only here at work and I need to fix this to get through the day  lol. Thanks for any help or suggestions any of you may have.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:45 AM

Internet Explorer uses flash differently than other browsers so you may need to try re-installing Adobe flash.  There is a link on how to un-install and re-install around here somewhere.... try this link

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:47 AM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

This is a good link

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:33 AM

Internet Explorer uses flash differently than other browsers so you may need to try re-installing Adobe flash.  There is a link on how to un-install and re-install around here somewhere....

There is no need to uninstall anything.

Rather, you need to install 2 Flash versions: one for Internet Explorer, and one for all the other browsers.

Simply go to the Adobe Flash webpage and install the Flash version for the other browsers.

I would also recommend the Chrome browser to play the game in. It's a 1-click installation, and Chrome seems to work a bit better for me (and many others) than Firefox.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:38 AM

Faterson:
    There is no need to uninstall anything.
    That is probably the case... but I decided to cover all the bases because I didn't have all the details of his issues, like if he had an earlier version of flash installed for firefox....  I seem to recall a recent thread stating that you now had to uninstall the old version before you updated.... I could be wrong though, it's been known to happen. ;^)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:43 AM

A direct answer from WGT to the exact same problem

http://wgt.com/forums/p/9365/59908.aspx#59908

Lee-You saw right. It was a thread pointing out if you do uninstall Flash you need to use their uninstaller, not the Remove Programs function in windows.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:20 AM

Guys, let's not complicate this issue and drag issues here that don't belong here.

The original poster clearly said "he had just downloaded Firefox", so it's obvious that he didn't have any previous non-IE version of Flash installed on that computer. So all he needs to do now is to install it.  

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:54 AM

Still safest to at least cover it with him. 'Just downloaded Firefox' doesn't sound anything like 'Never Installed Opera (Chrome;Safari;Maxthon;Flock;etc)

Sure sounds like he was a IE-only user finally making the much needed jump, but it's always best not to assume.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:58 AM

No, quite the opposite. It's always best to give the simplest, most probable answer, and only dig deeper if the original advice doesn't work. (Not blaming anyone, just explaining that folks want to hear straight simple answers to their queries, rather than an overview of theories of what could possibly have gone wrong.)  

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:59 AM

rpcdllc,

If you haven't already, please check out the minimum system requirements link over to the right ( ►). 

Also, while browsers are different, and some can correct minor flaws, the sppeds between most will not totally correct the symptoms you are describing, and you might want to consider some of the other useful suggestions you will find in the forums by using the search box over there also.

gamebooster is a good addition (see google), shutting down all other running programs is another, a video card makes a WORLD of difference as well, but seems to be rarely discussed here. For those comfortable with it, there is also an option of a second hard drive (or a partition to dual boot to) with a clean OS installation, with nothing else installed other than a preferred browser, and AV program, and gamebooster. That's what I do, and meter skips are reduced by leaps and bounds.

• PAGES
RSS