Forums

Help › Forums

Newer top tiers

Wed, Jun 27 2012 11:33 AM (73 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 1:34 AM

I would love to see these and I am sure some legends would stay longer if they had these added to the game, but make them longer to get to, and make them even harder to get to. It would make some people that are legend to want to be the best of the best. Here are two tiers that could be nice to add for suggestion:

1. tour legend like very low average like an average of 57.

2. ultimate legend then add another lower average for this like an average of 49.

These would be very hard for some to get too, but at least the ones that are on top can work for something that might or maybe have a chance to get too.

I think this is going to turn into a hate thread.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 1:58 AM

I myself have suggested that sub-60 average legends (57 is too low and restrictive) be placed in an upper legend tier, called champion, with farther and harder hole locations, and championship greens. There could be, within that tier, a means of greater recognition for top 10 players, called Hall of fame. 

All this, as I said before, is perfectly consistent with the evolutionary logic of the game.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 1:59 AM

What would actually be different though? Greens made of glass? Tee off from the previous hole?

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 2:38 AM

saltiresfan:

What would actually be different though? Greens made of glass? Tee off from the previous hole?

If you read my post, you will notice I answered your question:

"...upper legend tier, called champion, with farther and harder hole locations, and championship greens."

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 3:50 AM

And if you look at the times on the post you will notice that I posted that before reading your reply.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 4:07 AM

saltiresfan:

And if you look at the times on the post you will notice that I posted that before reading your reply.

Lol, very true.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 7:48 PM

We are looking into this thanks

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:35 PM

Please .. as you look into it .. try to figure out a way to more accurately measure someone's ability.    The current "average score" depicted is in no way representative of what a players ability is.    Case in point ... I have an "average score" of 60.8.   There is no way I shoot that low on the average.    Bollox has an average score of 55.03 right now ... I will tell you he does not average this.      As long as the "average" only recalculates when lower scores are shot .... you will continue to be looking at different / lower tiers.    Eventually every legend will be under 60 ... and just moving down.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:46 PM

lvietri:

Please .. as you look into it .. try to figure out a way to more accurately measure someone's ability.    The current "average score" depicted is in no way representative of what a players ability is.    Case in point ... I have an "average score" of 60.8.   There is no way I shoot that low on the average.    Bollox has an average score of 55.03 right now ... I will tell you he does not average this.      As long as the "average" only recalculates when lower scores are shot .... you will continue to be looking at different / lower tiers.    Eventually every legend will be under 60 ... and just moving down.

Lou is dead nuts on this.

I shoot sub 30 every 4 or 5 9's, mostly 30-32.

Figure the math why should sub 60 avg have it harder?

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:01 PM

Agreed 100% with Lou.

I'm a tour master getting really close to legend and there's no way in the world I should be a legend. Friends like to tease me and call me a sand bagger but the sad fact is, I'm just not that good. I shoot allot of 33-36 scores on nine holes yet when i get a really lucky game in, my average falls, pushing me further toward legend.

I know it goes both ways and I understand why it was put into place but it's a broken / faulty system.

RSS