Forums

Help › Forums

moved to pro and then back to amateur

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:05 AM (2 replies)
  • ggristi
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:25 PM

I recently moved to Pro going form 80.xx to 78.xx . I received the email that i had moved to pro and it is also listed on my profile. Next time i go in, I am back at amateur with the 80.xx score ...

Anyone had the same experience? Anybody knows what might have happened?

thanks a lot

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:29 PM

They are showing you as a Pro now.  Some get confused with the overall tier placement in your PROFILE with the tier listed in the scoring history after posting a score.  The way I understand it, when you enter tournaments as an Amateur, all subsequent attempts are posted as an 'Amateur" in that event, even if you've made Pro in the mean time.  The same thing can happen in monthly tournaments.  It takes a week (sometimes a month) for things to shake out.  That's why 'Amateur' scores are posted after 'Pro' Scores in your scoring history.

Joey

• ggristi
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:05 AM

Joeyola:

They are showing you as a Pro now.  Some get confused with the overall tier placement in your PROFILE with the tier listed in the scoring history after posting a score.  The way I understand it, when you enter tournaments as an Amateur, all subsequent attempts are posted as an 'Amateur" in that event, even if you've made Pro in the mean time.  The same thing can happen in monthly tournaments.  It takes a week (sometimes a month) for things to shake out.  That's why 'Amateur' scores are posted after 'Pro' Scores in your scoring history.

Joey

thanks for your post, i guess you are right in a way that i will keep playing one tournament i entered as an amateur , even though i made it to pro

in this case, anyway,  it was in fact an issue, as I showed as a pro and 2 hours later showed again as an amateur and my score was also reset to the previous one.

The customer service solved the issue (pretty quickly i must say), that is why you see I show as a pro now.

Besides the issue, I must say the customer service of WGT really works well!

RSS