Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Loading

Tue, Apr 13 2010 1:01 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 7:27 PM

The past several days I have noticed super long loading times for WGT, no matter if its profile or forums or tournaments and especially practice and match play. In practice when you release the power bar and ding it the player take so long to hit the ball I get time out notices. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Cleared cache and flash to no avail.

• danny66
    25 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:10 PM

Every time I played St. Andrews today, and just today...when I dinged the meter dead center the player held the position at the top of the swing for about ten seconds before hitting the ball.  I just finished a round about ten minutes ago and it happened three times in the round..it only happened when hit dead center on the meter.

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:08 PM

When I play I have noticed that when the player or shot hesitates for a couple secs, the shot is a good shot, and goes near the hole. Seems like the game needs time to generate a good shot. Now I stand corrected, it`s doing it all the time now.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:18 PM

Hi guys,

There have been some intermittent performance issues recently that we are in the process of  fixing.  Thanks for the reports.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 3:31 PM
    it happened to me whether it was dead center or just slightly off, and at Bethpage. It gets very frustrating !!!!
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:24 PM

WGTadmin:
    There have been some intermittent performance issues recently that we are in the process of  fixing.

Thank you for the update WGTadmin.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:41 PM

Yes same thing has happen to me.. I get paused during my backswings for couple seconds then it goes.. I just saw this posting.. 

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 5:57 PM

Thought it was just me. Got so frustrated I had to abandon my round and was going to post on the forum, then saw this thread. Glad to see they are aware of the problem

• PASCHEF
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:33 PM

I am in total and hundred complete concurrence with all you members and have

tried to contact the bug by message and report and to no avail have I received an

reply or notice any change in my situation as well.

I Googled the possible flashplayer troubles or even checked my harddrive and system

running programs behind somekind of wall or unnoticed by me and to no avail still

have this problem; yet did notice that after they(website developers) did some maintenance around April 7-8th 2010 this problem of seizing or freeze frame

became apparent with a frustrating vengeance and pisses me off real bad while

I am trying to up my score and ranking and on putts less than 2ft and no more than 4 the problem stops my ball from approaching the hole and man trying to get a birdie on this site has become irritate and I may stop playing all together and/or go over to EA Sports and play the Tiger Game.  Hope that the problem is beening report by all   

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:38 AM

I am thinking this is due to heavy server load as I get it in what I would call peak times, that is my evening,  If I go on and find things loading slowly I tend not to play anything serious.  I know that's not good advice for people that can only play at certain times but heavy server loads cause problems on a lot of online server games

Can't really think of any advice for this as it doesn't matter what internet connection you have if the server is overloaded.  Trouble is server space is very expensive and as we are getting the basic game for free I can't see that being improved too soon until they get some money behind them

Mick

• PAGES
RSS