Forums

Help › Forums

Skills challenge with new clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:55 AM (4 replies)
  • paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 11:20 AM

This is so much more difficult now, i'll be very surprised if anyone breaks 100 within the near future, even Tibbets. If you don't hit the perfect line you'll be 20-30 feet away at least.

• Jeremiah2L
    28 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 7:33 PM

But if you hit it perfect the wind doesn't touch it...so tibbets will probably shoot about 25.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 1:25 AM

Actually the wind is not touching much at all bad shot or not. You guys won't believe me until a post a good score, but in some respects this is easier now. The wind is taken out of the equation. but with the new clubs it's really hard to identify certain things. Also most all the club distances have changed, mostly a result of little if no roll now, combined with front/back spin not as much as a factor. The only eariler results I would say is harder is #4 and 5, like they needed to be harder yah.

• Jessa03
    8 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:28 AM

Yeah, without the crosswind some of the closest to the pin holes are much harder.  I find that I am like 8 ft total after holes #1 and #2 on the closest to the pin but just a minor minor miss on #3 and #4 of the closest to the pin and it's over.  It seemd to me like the wind was set up to help you play these holes on the closest to the pin and if they are gonna change the game like this then they need to change the way the closest to the pin works on a few holes.  It is bad design to redesign your software but NOT redesign the course set up when the old course set up was designed for the old software.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2009 5:55 AM

After a few tries I'll retract my original comment - i think 100 will be breached this week - it just takes a bit of getting used to the new distances without the wind effect. Holes 3 and especially 4 are very difficult, if you don't hit a perfect shot on 4 you can forget it.

RSS