Forums

Help › Forums

Resetting Averages, Stats, and Awards.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 30 2009 3:48 PM (67 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 9:22 AM

Any chance of this happening?  With the changes and all, it would be nice for everyone to have some things to shoot for again, and would also encourage people to just post their scores and not worry about maintaining some totally unrealistic average.

Let the learning curve begin anew!

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 9:34 AM

I agree.  There are going to be some higher scores for a while.  I think we should all reset the averages, but keep our Hack/Amateur status to be fair to the Hack Touney's.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 9:48 AM

Good idea Tibbs. This is the time to clean it up. Part 2 of beta.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 9:52 AM

Yes, keep respective tiers the way they are, just reset the numbers.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 10:11 AM

I'm in total agreement here.  I'm ready for a reset.

*edit* But it would be nice to keep old tournament trophies.

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 1:50 PM

Im in agreement on resetting avgs. these scores will be going up 4 awhile! off topic I cant believe Im a little sad not seeing tibbets on top of leaderboard! It just doesnt seem the same.  I kinda miss him up there  hurry back tibbets!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 1:55 PM

lol sorry Badamoom, no sense clinging to a 59 average these days.  All the top 10 scores were pretty silly anyway, so might as well get on with something more realistic.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 3:50 PM

I'm also all for reseting the averages and awards.  The game has changed significantly.  And is fair for those who pay attention to such things.

Hats off to WGT on this release, just enough of a change to make it interesting as we all adapt to the rhythm and systemic nature.

I can see Tibbets shooting 27's and 28's consistently with a 25 or 26 on occassion with these new clubs.  He'll have this down by Monday.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:22 PM

agree!

• Noodon
    56 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 4:46 PM

I don't think anything should be re-set and why would you want to pick what would be re-set and what wouldn't. I read the fairness to the Hack Tournaments blurb, but why would that be un-fair. The game is different now, the clubs behave in a different manner and there is some new learning to do, but don't pick and choose what should be re-set or not. My opinion is if you re-set then re-set the entire game, averages, awards, tiers etc...If not then leave it alone.

I enjoy this game no matter what and can see you all do as well...so thanks to the WGT Team for some fun new stuff

RSS