Forums

Help › Forums

Augusta 2010

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:07 AM (20 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:36 PM

I self indulged today and with interest was amazed at how many things took place day one to make me smile.

Freddy, age 50, goes at 66, the lead and his lowest tournament round there after all these years.

Tom Watson, age 60 one shot behind...after the sad ending to the Open last year, I cried and said goodbye. But alas, he can't get enough. Bravo!

Phil the Thrill, 67.

Y.E. Yang (who?) 67.

Tony Kim, 67.

It would seem that Augusta had the legs spread open.

Best of all was the 68 that Eldrick rolled. He couldn't have possibly played worse. It was as high as he could go. But this event is going to be one of the best ever and I now have an eye placed on Ian Poulter. Very tough and impressive and looks very focused. What did you see?

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:56 PM

SweetiePie:

I self indulged today and with interest was amazed at how many things took place day one to make me smile.

Freddy, age 50, goes at 66, the lead and his lowest tournament round there after all these years.

Tom Watson, age 60 one shot behind...after the sad ending to the Open last year, I cried and said goodbye. But alas, he can't get enough. Bravo!

Phil the Thrill, 67.

Y.E. Yang (who?) 67.

Tony Kim, 67.

It would seem that Augusta had the legs spread open.

Best of all was the 68 that Eldrick rolled. He couldn't have possibly played worse. It was as high as he could go. But this event is going to be one of the best ever and I now have an eye placed on Ian Poulter. Very tough and impressive and looks very focused. What did you see?

The overnight rains softened the greens and allowed the golfers to go for the flags. The pins were also in their most advantageous positions. The weather will be beautiful the next 3 days and and the greens will get firmer and faster by the hour.

Maybe the announcers got their fill of kissing Tigers you-know-what and will now quit slobbering all over their monitors.

You'd think he just got nominated for sainthood, rather that just hearing the story about him with the almost jail-bait daughter of his neighbor. I'd like to be at the next block party.

Y. E. Yang. 2009 PGA champion. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:27 PM

AlaCowboy:

Y. E. Yang. 2009 PGA champion. 

Oh please Cowboy...I know who he is, I just don't care. Also, almost jail-bait is just like almost pregnant...and in both cases the protaganist is always miss identifed. 

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:42 PM

What a great opening round!! Tiger in the running, as well as Freddy leading! Sure to be some great action in the next few days...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 7:06 PM

I saw Tiger playing the game both mentally and physically. Tiger has always (to me) toyed with the field, because he's that good. He could have made that putt for birdie at 18, but opted to miss it. It puts the players on there heels and that's when tiger makes his move through the field.

Tiger said it best at the press release Monday. "I'm in it to win it" and he meant it.

During the broadcast, David Ferhety said Tiger was the only player in the field to make that big hook shot and land the ball within 10 feet of the pin. Awesome shot to say the least.

The odds on Tiger to win have got to be somewhere around 3-5 now. Anyone know?

• SWoods
    62 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 7:22 PM

Richard4168:

He could have made that putt for birdie at 18, but opted to miss it. 

Not so sure of that...

Nevertheless fully agree about that awesome shot...he and probably a very select few others could have executed that....Faldo's comment before the shot was something to the tune of --- smart thing to do is lay it up in front of the green and not be a hero...otherwise ball could release anyway and make for a diff up and down...and then Tiger hits that punch hook and birdies the hole....

Happy to see Mickie back in form....Another notable to watch is Westwood....

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 7:28 PM

SweetiePie:
    What did you see?
    That you have your eyes placed on the wrong Englishman. ;)

SWoods:
    Another notable to watch is Westwood....
    He's long overdue.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 4:44 PM

OaktheToke:

SweetiePie:
    What did you see?
    That you have your eyes placed on the wrong Englishman. ;)

SWoods:
    Another notable to watch is Westwood....
    He's long overdue.

Well, we will see. Westwood is a known choker, third only to Stewert Cink and Momma Cass. How did you like Poulter today?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 5:46 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to call Lee a choker, at least not yet.  He's had a nice run since his fall from grace and is the best non-US golfer in the world.  Coming close twice last year just fueled the championship fires within as it does for many.  He's ready and has been better than Ian on the bigger stages lately.

Ian may have caught fire at the right time though, or it could just be his wardrobe.  Regardless, both are nice dudes and good friends so it will be fun to watch the final pairing tomorrow.

The only duckets I wagered were on Westwood and I doubled down after the first round.

Its nice to see all the contenders instead of pretenders on the leaderboard as we head into the weekend.  Typically Tiger shoots his best round on Saturday so tomorrow's action could be extra saucy.

SweetiePie:
    How did you like Poulter today?
    I think he doesn't have to drive his Ford Fiesta to tournaments anymore.  He's always been confident even when he didn't have the game to back it up.

SweetiePie:
    I wouldn't want a charactor like that cutting my lawn.
    Remember this?  If Ryan promises to wear his dress shirt and tie from this week can he at least trim your bush? :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 6:12 PM

OaktheToke:

SweetiePie:
    I wouldn't want a charactor like that cutting my lawn.
    Remember this?  If Ryan promises to wear his dress shirt and tie from this week can he at least trim your bush? :)

I think not. The people who do so are of value and have been in employ with my family at several locations for many years. If I were after the Bowery Boy/Dead Rabbit look/mentality I suppose there are many choices at my disposal. I believe that good taste is never out of place and bad taste is. This spook has no taste, no class, no brains, but an extraordinary golf talent. Why do you ask?

RSS