Forums

Help › Forums

own tournament

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 3 2009 2:48 PM (6 replies)
  • dcboys4
    13 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2009 12:49 PM

is it possible we can make a tournament for jusy our friend.  like captain and mate or a rider cup tournament

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2009 1:00 PM

Yup, all players are welcome to create their own competitions in the Community Organized Tournament forum.  Just keep in mind you'll need to do the setup yourself.

• dcboys4
    13 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 9:55 AM

ok how to i find this area.  is it in tournament area

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 10:11 AM

It's in the forum category right beneath this one called Community Organized Tournaments.

• dcboys4
    13 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 10:22 AM

ty been there but still can not find how do it

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2009 10:48 AM

Right, there is no 'quick tournament setup' where you tell WGT what you want, program it and go.  You have to setup the tournament yourself using spreadsheets, graphics or whatever else you desire.  You create, adminster and execute it yourself.  You just use the game as the platform to play the matches.

Alex:  This is a good hidden suggestion for "Sit 'n Go" type tournaments.  I'd start a 'multi-player' tournament like I would start a regular game.  Instead of having only 3 free slots to occupy, you could make up to 30 open slots in the lobby screen.  Tournament starts when a minimum number of people fill up the room and the host hits ok. It splits everyone off into random threesomes and the tourney begins (could even do a shotgun start).  Once you are done your round it returns to the same multiplayer lobby where everyone in the tournament BS'es and watches the results come in.  It could be for no prizes, or to encourage people to play you could give the sit 'n go tournament winners up to a 5 cent credit depending on the field size.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2009 2:48 PM

Thanks, we definitely plan to expand our tournament capabilities, and all your suggestions help.

RSS