Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:29 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:47 PM

K - E - L - L - why?

Because Tiger has given you a 5 minute open window to pepper him with questions in an impromptu interview this afternoon on the veranda at Isleworth.   No hype for this one as my only advanced warning was an email from The Golf Channel 11 minutes prior to airing.

Nice job Kelly Tilghman.  Well played.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:50 PM

Tom Rinaldi from ESPN also did a good job.  Again with the 5 minute window.  A little more direct with the tough questions.

I'm a little surprised its taken Tiger this long to get to this point.  Interesting audible today from the Woods camp.

This roller coaster is heading up the slope for another run through loops starting April 5th.   Goodtimes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:27 PM

For those of us that aren't hanging on every word in the golf world what was the gist of whatever you're referring to?

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:31 PM

OaktheToke:

Tom Rinaldi from ESPN also did a good job.  Again with the 5 minute window.  A little more direct with the tough questions.

I'm a little surprised its taken Tiger this long to get to this point.  Interesting audible today from the Woods camp.

This roller coaster is heading up the slope for another run through loops starting April 5th.   Goodtimes.

Tiger chose The Masters for his return specifically because they exercise such tight control of both press and patrons. Any media people that presume to ask an impertinent question will be off the premises quickly, to never return.

But it is odd that Tiger chose The Masters, considering they aren't near as fond of the ladies as he is. :)

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:44 PM

YankeeJim:
    For those of us that aren't hanging on every word in the golf world what was the gist of whatever you're referring to?

Tiger did 2 interviews this afternoon.  One for TGC and one for ESPN.  No hype or advanced warning of either interview until a few hours before air time.  It was an audible that Tiger pulled this morning in Orlando.

5 minutes.  No topic off limits.  Wondered why he didn't do it sooner.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:24 AM

OaktheToke:
    Nice job Kelly Tilghman.  Well played

The interesting nature of the interview and its focus becomes filled with dual intrigue when one considers that the interviewer is gay and has perhaps just as many little bon mots as her subject.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:50 AM

Well, she is their lead anchor, so perhaps a little on-air representation of LPGA tour nightlife is par for the course.

As far as the 2 reporters and how they performed, I thought each did a decent job given the circumstances of, despite the tranquil backdrop, being eye to eye in 5 minute ready-set-go scenario with a guy who I'm beginning to belive could win the World Series of Poker if he wanted to.

As far as CBS actually declining their interview, that was the ultimate bonehead move.  They could have run it coinciding with the NCAA tournament and kept and even increased viewership on their channels as well as web hits and downloads.  Sheer stupidity when also considering that they broadcast The Masters in a couple weeks and Tiger is by far the most prevailing story to captivate the masses.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:06 AM

OaktheToke:
    5 minutes.  No topic off limits.

Heard the ESPN interview.  Was not impressed.  He didn't answer anything.  Everything was either 'in the police report' or 'that's private'.

Basically he read the same statement he gave in Feb.  Nothing new here.

/snore

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:14 AM

Snaike:
    Heard the ESPN interview.  Was not impressed.  He didn't answer anything.  Everything was either 'in the police report' or 'that's private'.

Basically he read the same statement he gave in Feb.  Nothing new here.

/snore

LOL,  I had a hunch you would echoe that.  Thought you'd be harsher though. 

He doesn't have to answer those questions and will most likely never.  I know I wouldn't.  But it just was nice to see him actually answer legit questions.  He should have just done that sooner instead of the statement.  It seemed more real and less robotic, if that's possible for Tiger.

He should be right as rain once he hits the links except for a natural brief moment of anxiousness.  Things might get interesting if another media bombshell is detonated during a tournament.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:32 AM

OaktheToke:
    LOL, I had a hunch you would echoe that.  Thought you'd be harsher though. ;)

Tired topic...  I've moved to treat Eldrick like I do politicians and religious zealots... they're all liars, hypocrites and thieves... and there is nothing you or I can do to change that.

My soapbox is broken.

• PAGES
RSS