Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Perfect Solution to Quitters & Disconnectors!

Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:47 PM (9 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 3:44 PM

Hello WGT, I think I found the perfect solution to quitters and disconnectors. As you all know, most people don't like quitters. But, sometimes not everyone quits. 

I think the perfect solution would be.....

1.   When a player quits intentionally, the game screen should say "Buggyyy quit the game".

2.   If a players unintentionally disconnects, the game screen should say as regular - "Buggyyy has disconnected".

This is not meant to catch quitters and harass them on their profiles & etc. It is meant to prevent this and understand when a player doesn't intentionally quit.

I think that this could be easily implemented. If you support this, go ahead and leave your comments or feedback.

Thank You, Buggyyy

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 4:24 PM

If it's possible to detect, I support it 100%.

Thing is (I think) is say a load issue on WGT's side is keeping the player in a loop, and player reloads to get out of it, then still can't get in, it would say "he quit".

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 4:48 PM

MBaggese:
    Thing is (I think) is say a load issue on WGT's side is keeping the player in a loop, and player reloads to get out of it, then still can't get in, it would say "he quit".

I understand what you mean. I think that the only way "player quit" could appear on the screen is if he pressed the End Round/Main Menu button. Any other disconnects would be as followed. This would just differentiate between the "quitter" and the "disconnector". Thanks for the support MIKE! :)

• OlSarge
    78 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2012 8:44 PM

Players that quit don't have any incentive not to.  If they had to leave their ball on the course when they do quit, maybe they wouldn't.  WGT could sell more balls that way too.  It would even be great if one of the remaining players could pick it up as one would find and claim a lost ball on a real course.

• OlSarge
    78 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 7:28 PM

I think quitters should have to leave their ball on the course and another player in the group can pick it up and use it or put it in his bag.  Players using the more expensive balls won't quit if they have to give up  the ball they were playing with.

Also, I would like to be able to see a prospective club member's reputation before I decide to let him/her into my club.  I have a CC for no quitters and it would be nice to know if someone asking to join was a yellow or red check before I allow him/her into the club.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 7:53 PM

OlSarge:
    I think quitters should have to leave their ball on the course and another player in the group can pick it up and use it or put it in his bag. 

I like this idea however as MBaggesse points out, only if WGT can detect the reason. At this stage I this is not possible to detect an X out or  disconnection.

MB may not be a pretty face - and I WILL NOT even  comment  on the rest of the body (judging by a recent photo that caused me temporary blindness) but hit this on the head regarding what little WGT can actually do.

However agreed it would be a handy tool (re reputation) for a CC Owner if it worked.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 9:21 PM

OlSarge:
    I think quitters should

You replied to your own 2 year old post ... guess the quitters are still quitting no matter what. Nothing will ever change that.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, May 2 2014 10:27 PM

OlSarge:

Players that quit don't have any incentive not to.  If they had to leave their ball on the course when they do quit, maybe they wouldn't.  WGT could sell more balls that way too.  It would even be great if one of the remaining players could pick it up as one would find and claim a lost ball on a real course.

With 396 friends u should have no problem finding a game without quitters 

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sat, May 3 2014 2:17 PM

I pity the quitters and support them..if your hear t and soul not in the game , you should quit. hahaha. 

Only successive game quitters should go from green to yellow. successive game played become green. 

• Allys555
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:47 PM

i think WGT should look into the quitter/disconnector. they ruin the game and ones score. 

RSS