Forums

Help › Forums

Re: April Match Play Qualifying Signups

Wed, May 20 2009 4:52 PM (148 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2009 11:34 PM

Updated for the Final Four!

Congrats to all 4 competitors for going this deep into the tournament.  2 more matches to go guys!!

Who will be the April Match Play Invitational Champion?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 12:21 PM

One semifinal result down, one to go.

Congratulations to Jarid for advancing to the finals!  It took the longest match of the tournament to decide the winner, but Jarid was able to close it out on the 24th hole with a birdie.  Great playing to both of you!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 5:23 PM

A flurry of action today and our finals are now set!  Congratulations to gitthe for advancing to the final match!  We started with 70+ players and we are now down to final 2.

Amateur Championship Match

#17 gitthe vs  #34 Jarid

Amateur Consolation Match

#5 claremoreblue vs  #6 badaboom

I'll change the front page tomorrow.  I want to let the semi results sit up for a little while first.

Good luck to you guys!  You've all played one hell of a tournament and my hat goes off to everyone for making it this far!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2009 9:30 PM

Updates and congratulations for badaboom who has won the 3rd place prize!

That now leaves only one match left to play!  The championship match now has center stage!

Good luck to Jarid & gitthe!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 8:02 AM

The Championship Match is officially underway!  Good Luck!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 11:52 AM

It's all over folks!  It was an epic finish for the ages.  These two tournament tested players traded 11 birdies in the last 6 holes before a winner could be decided.  After  a 9 footer on #17 found the bottom of the cup, the match was in the books and immediately became an Instant Classic. :)

Please join me in congratulating YOUR April Match Play Invitational Amateur Champion...

... JARID!!!!

Way to go!  For his efforts, Jarid will be taking home a sweet 256MB USB Flash Drive!

The runner-up, gitthe, will also be taking home a WGT branded Polo Shirt!

Well played guys, an epic finish to an epic tournament! :D

Once again I need to thank everyone for participating in this tournament.  You guys, not me, are what really makes these things work.  A pat on the back for everyone for making this run so smoothly throughout!  I hope to see you all in the next event!

Until next time!  Congrats again Jarid!

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 6:39 PM

Congrats from me, far up north!

Well done jarid :-)

bob

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2009 1:03 PM

Another well organised Match Play Tournament comes to an end. Congratulations to Jarid!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2009 4:52 PM

Congrats to Jarid and all the participants. A well run tournament. I was lucky enough to win the Brackett pick and I got my prize in 2 days. Thanks niv

RSS